Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Impulse buys

Page 2 / 2
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee I only buy little things on eBay now. I have been ripped off enough with guitar purchases.

GIF

I am very leery 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 7:02 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I was on eBay since it was discovered over 20 years. I deleted the account completely. I use Reverb now. I’ll adapt. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 8:10 PM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

it's called the N+1 impulse .  i too have this but it also applies to fly rods and bicycles - it's a costly disease - ive stopped fighting it - retirement ensures usage of all!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 3:52 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, yiwork and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Well…my impulses are raging!!  Bought the LesPaul last month, so of course, HAD to have a fat ass amp.  Bought the Katana KTN 100, arriving today. So, about a year ago,  I was completely enamored by a little Fender signature model, Ron Emory (TSOL) Loyalty Parlor. Hard to find, they only make about 10,000 (I think this what Ron Emory himself told me in a chat). Well, I found one, made a low ball offer, and it’s on the way. My little Roadie has been at the luthier for a couple weeks. I sure miss him. His space in the guitar rack is bare and dusty. Can’t wait for the Katana to get here today. I’ll be working and won’t be able to enjoy it until much later. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 4, 2021 9:57 AM
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

No guitars for me but I did get a new hat seen it on the Acoustic Tuesday show and thought I really needed it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2021 5:03 PM
Reputable Member

Internet and cellphones invited themselves into your home and are bombarding us with all kinds of messages.

GIF

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2022 8:05 PM
Reputable Member

I have no more room for stuff

GIF
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2022 10:18 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Went to Guitar Center to buy a scale or finger exercise book. I played every Martin they had (except the $10,000 one). Bought the Road Series 000-12e Koa model. Finally got my Martin. Of course, they only had the floor model/demo which I refused because it was deep scratched in a couple places that would drive me bonkers so they’re shipping one to the store. I’ll go play it before leaving the store. So, I bought a Fender American Acoustasonic  Jazzmaster in Black Paisley too. I kept a manager busy locking and unlocking the bolts they keep on them. If she works on percentage, she probably went home for the day after I left!!! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 17, 2022 8:20 AM
George Lange reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: