Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Impulse buys

Page 1 / 2
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I believe I’ve almost satisfied my guitar purchase impulses. Maybe because I’m satisfied with Penny, Baby Blue and Roadie. I still catch myself surfing sites for guitars but none calling out to me. (thankfully) Last night I found a pretty little Seagull, I had previously been GaGa over. I stopped looked but didn’t obsess over it. Even my desire to get an amp. I know I just want one for wants sake. No one will ever need to hear me play so bad that I’d ever need an amp. Lol 

Topic starter Posted : January 23, 2021 12:26 PM
Thib, j.phillips189, Susan Wagner and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

They probably have groups that you could attend for your problem. Oh wait you are already on one 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 25, 2021 7:52 AM
Thib, canuck, j.phillips189 and 6 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Lol but this one seems to be fanning the flames!  Lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2021 9:52 AM
Thib, canuck, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Impulse is a real thing. My grand daughter, who can trip on a hair,  broke one on my treasured Starbucks mugs this am. Now, listen, (don’t judge),  this was a 2003 Starbucks Barista Collector mug. Thankfully, I’ve already purchased a replacement on EBAY. Yep, call it an illness. 🙋🏽‍♀️☺️

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2021 4:48 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Impulse Buyer describes me to a T 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 25, 2021 5:15 PM
Thib, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I thought I was done buying guitars, too, when I got the Alvarez parlor. But now I have my eye on a Gibson parlor. Do I need it? No. Do I want it? Yes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 25, 2021 7:36 PM
Thib, John, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have 3 on my list right now. Electrics. I see so much about how much easier they are to play. Gretsch 5230T, PRS Custom 24, Schecter Omen Elite 7. I even caught myself looking a a guitar and looked up a Roadie on the stand next to me. It was identical to him. Why do I need another guitar almost exactly like the one sitting next to me? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2021 8:18 PM
Thib, Susan Wagner, John and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I played a step down version of your Alvarez. I kind of loved it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2021 8:19 PM
Thib, Susan Wagner, John and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I went to guitar center today. Nothing really called out to me so I bought a stand for my laptop to make it easier to play standing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 12:01 AM
Susan Wagner, John, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Good grab!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 26, 2021 11:08 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Good choice 😂

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 3:00 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Yes, all the Alvarez parlors are good guitars. I sprung for the solid wood model though 'cause the demo videos made it sound so good. And, it sounds just as good in real life, too. This one is a keeper. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 7:47 PM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I actually pulled into Guitar Center parking lot yesterday, with enough money to purchase my current craving, that off white PRS P20e Tonare (or any of the other 4 or 5 guitars I’m currently watching ). I  parked, turned the car off, and then…surprised myself! Started it back up and drove away. Stay strong Guitar Granny!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 9, 2021 2:56 PM
fransverboom and jrick92 reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

I used to buy guitars from eBay but have been ripped off enough now. I’m done with shopping online. I have to see that guitar and play it now 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2021 2:06 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I completely deleted my eBay account after a bad deal they refused to back me up on. I had been on eBay since 1999 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2021 4:53 PM
fransverboom and jrick92 reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: