Forum

Woodtone strings

Notifications
Clear all

Woodtone strings

Page 1 / 2
(@griffs-bluegrass)
Trusted Member

Its not often I feel the need to leave a comment on a product, but I've just re-strung my Huss and Dolton DRH and with a set of Woodtone Country strings and immediately felt comfortable with this in-between gauge size. The tone is so good to my untrained ear with its loud bluesy sustain that its like having a new guitar, and to add to this, when ever we get back to some normality and play at a session I'm going to kick ass them Banjos !!!

Thanks to Devin for putting us onto these. Happy days !!

Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2021 6:04 AM
jrick92, yiwork, John and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I like these strings, too. Put them on my Taylor 314CE and they sound great with huge volume. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2021 2:20 PM
Stephen, Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I finally cut off my elixrs and gave the country wood tones a shot and so far I am impressed. Great sound on my Taylor also

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 8:44 AM
John, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

That’s cool, 

I like them too.

i just don’t know if I like them better than my old elixirs but I think that may just have a lot to Do with the different acoustics in the different rooms I’ve played these in. Even with my old Elixirs I’ve noticed a huge difference from playing my guitar in the living room compared to when I play it in my small guest bedroom which gave the sound a real powerful vast sound compared to my living room. I am looking forward to trying out the blue grass strings. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 9:09 AM
Susan Wagner, John, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@g agreed sometimes it’s fun to move to different rooms or even outside. Changes the sound completely 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2021 8:52 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 3 people reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

I can't say enough about these strings..When I retired this year I bought my first good guitar..Martin D16...I had Elixars on it which were good but I ordered Woodtones...now I can't wait to pick it up...with flat picking I feel the guitar just talking to me!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 5:19 PM
John, jrick92, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Now that I have the Blue Grass Woodtones I'm going to be trying those out. Wonder how they'd sound on a parlor guitar. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 2:49 PM
jrick92, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I just put the Bluegrass strings on Roadie this morning. They sound pretty darn good 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 6:36 PM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I was surprised that my guitar was still in tune a day after putting them on. Usually the elixrs stretch a little 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2021 8:11 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I love the strings on Penny too. I’m looking at Baby Blue but he’s still so new I hate to just change his strings yet. It’s like cutting a baby’s hair for the first time. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2021 9:38 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I think I'm going to put the Bluegrass strings on the Recording King and see how they sound. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2021 2:54 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@canuck Welcome to retirement and CGO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2021 9:38 PM
Susan Wagner, John, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee I can see how that might bring out similar feelings, Lol 😬 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2021 9:43 PM
Susan Wagner, John, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shysue

I think I'm going to put the Bluegrass strings on the Recording King and see how they sound. 😀 

How did the Bluegrass string sound? I've just received mine today.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2021 5:43 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk  Haven't put 'em on the Recording King yet. I've kind of been neglecting that little guitar since I got the Alvarez. I will do it eventually though. 

I was playing my Taylor again the other day and it has the Country Woodtones on it. Just sounds better every time I play it!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2021 6:33 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: