Man of Constant Sor...

Notifications
Clear all

Man of Constant Sorrow

Page 2 / 2
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee 

same problem here , my wife always wanted a man who played guitar but i guess flatpicking doesn’t count ! 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2021 6:23 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@rg i think your approach to leaning is just what I need to practice. I never really completely get anything down before I move on to the next song. It seems to be working for you great job on The Man of Constant Sorrow.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2021 8:05 PM
Susan Wagner, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@yiworkThanks man,

much appreciated. Fortunately I have a basement I can play in so I don’t drive my family insane by me playing the same thing over and over haha.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 14, 2021 8:50 PM
Susan Wagner, fransverboom, John and 4 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@rg That was the very first advice I got when I told a friend I was going to learn to play either guitar or fiddle. He said figure out some way to be out of earshot of the family.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2021 11:42 PM
Susan Wagner, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@jrick92Indeed,

I don't want the family hating bluegrass haha.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 15, 2021 9:12 AM
Susan Wagner, jrick92, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Yea, my poor son has to hear way too much of me plinking away. I play in the morning after he leaves for the day but in the evening I like to play a couple songs here and there. I remind him of  the bright side, I don’t try to sing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 9:21 AM
Susan Wagner, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee I saw an interview with Joe Diffie. His dad told him, if he wanted to be successful to make sure he did what he loved every day. Joe said he played guitar at least 30 minutes every day. Some nights he would be laying in bed and remember he forgot to play so he would hop out of bed and go get his practice in.

I have tried this theory for the last 6 months and I have noticed a huge difference 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 9:28 AM
Susan Wagner, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I do at least 30-60 minutes of guitar every day since May. I started ukulele 7 years ago when I found that YouTube could be played on my TV and it held the attention of my infant/toddler grand daughter. I fell in love with Tonight You Belong To Me by little girl 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 9:42 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  I see a LOT of drama in the future for them. lol That was fun.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 12:49 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

She actually sings pretty good for a little kid. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 6:54 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

I do at least 30-60 minutes of guitar every day since May. I started ukulele 7 years ago when I found that YouTube could be played on my TV and it held the attention of my infant/toddler grand daughter. I fell in love with Tonight You Belong To Me by little girl 

So Cute ❤️ ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 8:11 PM
(@bstrings)
Estimable Member

Gotta love Dan and Billy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2021 9:27 PM
 Thib
(@thib)
Reputable Member

Cool, I have months of work to play that so speed!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2023 9:25 AM
(@jambongris)
Reputable Member

Ever since I saw the Coen Brothers' movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?", I've wanted to play this piece and now I have an opportunity.  Devin's lesson provides everything I need, except for the chops, which is why I need to keep practicing until I'm confident enough to give it try.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 14, 2023 6:37 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: