Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Building speed

Page 4 / 4
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@rad I will have to look into strum machine. This is the first that I have heard of it, thanks for the heads up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2021 7:51 PM
 rad
(@rad)
Posted by: @yiwork

@rad I will have to look into strum machine. This is the first that I have heard of it, thanks for the heads up.

@yiwork

You will love it. It is so easy to use. The adjustable tempo increase feature after each time through is worth the price of admission all on its own.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by rad
ReplyQuote
Posted : May 17, 2021 8:14 PM
jerseychicadee, jrick92, yiwork and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@rad  I agree

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 18, 2021 5:25 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I checked out Strum Machine and it is interesting. Devin uses the same thing on his lessons though, as far as being able to loop and slow down/speed up the backing track and lesson. The website said they had over a 1,000 songs pre-loaded which would be fun to check out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 5:44 PM
 rad
(@rad)
Posted by: @shysue

I checked out Strum Machine and it is interesting. Devin uses the same thing on his lessons though, as far as being able to loop and slow down/speed up the backing track and lesson. The website said they had over a 1,000 songs pre-loaded which would be fun to check out.

Devins software is great but the difference is on Strum Machine the song never stops and each time it repeats it increases the BPM how ever many beats you select.  I usually set it to increase by 2 or 3 beats per minute and make sure I stop the minute I can’t play it clean.  I then set the max where I can just barely play it clean. If I stick with the song I can  then keep increasing the max setting.

Devins set up is the best and Strum Machine does not compete with his courses, it complements them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2021 10:29 PM
John, Susan Wagner, Kate and 1 people reacted
 Kate
(@kate)
Trusted Member

@rad

Agree fully about Strum Machine, massively helpful tool. Great if you want to play something over and over, while increasing tempo (find it easier and more fun to use than a metronome for this purpose). 

I use it for full tunes and also build my own small sections to practice tricky licks over (and over and over) 

Love the customisation on it. I find that different teaching sites often have slightly different chords alongside their tunes, so it's great to be able to tweak the existing versions on Strum Machine to accommodate this. Also you can switch off certain bandmembers! I like just having guitar backing me up sometimes instead of mando and bass too. 

Also great value at only a few $/£s each month. 

(not a sponsored post 😆 just a big fan. Loads of features to rave about!) 

Kate

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 11:33 AM
John, jerseychicadee, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Okay I'm sold  I will sign up for it this weekend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 3:38 PM
John, jerseychicadee and Kate reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Never mind I just was looking it up and I went ahead and started there 14 day trial.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 3:56 PM
John, jerseychicadee, rad and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rad  I see, thanks for the clarification. Gradually increasing the speed would be really helpful!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 7:38 PM
John, jerseychicadee and rad reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@kate  I don't like the metronome, either. You can switch off some of the band members, too? That would be great. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 19, 2021 7:40 PM
John, jerseychicadee, Kate and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I guess I started it a while back because when I went to the site it remembered me. Trying it again 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2021 8:53 AM
yiwork and John reacted
Page 4 / 4
Share: