Forum

A very cool video w...

Notifications
Clear all

A very cool video worth watching

(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Thought y'all might like this! I stumbled upon this video on YouTube this morning. This guy has some other really good videos on his channel.

Let me know what you think!

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

Topic starter Posted : February 9, 2022 3:34 PM
Volney James, j.phillips189, Mike Johnson and 2 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

I have watched his videos some really good stuff there. really shows you where the roots of Bluegrass and mountain music came from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2022 5:50 PM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

brilliant - it's a workout but the joy is clear to see in those that dance and to those that make the music . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2022 4:25 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I like it!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2022 11:10 AM
(@rmiller003)

Thanks Devin.  I really enjoyed this video and I appreciate how music must have been woven into the fabric of their lives.  There was a lot of joy in the room, and also a few people who were seeing this as normal.  This strikes me as a rich, social gathering albeit with very good musicians and wonderful cloggers that obviously enjoy this as part of their lives.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2022 1:48 PM
(@henry_5823msn-com)
Trusted Member

Can you teach us how to clog?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 3, 2022 6:46 AM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

@henry_5823msn-com Here is a tutorial for you

Once you learn how, please post a video of yourself clogging in the Showcase Your Playing section of the forum https://countryguitaronline.com/community/showcase-your-playing/ We look forward to your video!

GIF

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 3, 2022 11:57 AM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

GIF

This is really interesting. This is real history here. I wonder if the Dutch settlers had a hand in this somehow along the way?  They are the only ones I can think of who wear clogs 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2022 10:05 AM
Devin and jerseychicadee reacted
Share: