Forum

Show us your Guitar...

Notifications
Clear all

Show us your Guitars

Page 3 / 3
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@chido Wow a pre war 1937 that is a beautiful guitar. I know what you mean about never get rid of it my 1942 is here until the end.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2021 3:25 PM
(@chido)

@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com 

Nice guitar...I have a 30's Martin and I hope I can find a good one of these someday.Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2021 8:51 PM
canuck and jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@chido  Very nice guitar

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2021 9:41 PM
jerseychicadee and chido reacted
 Sev
(@gherkey)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @yiwork

@jerseychicadee it's amazing how fast your collection can grow once GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome) sets in. I think I'm done but I'm happy with each one and they are all here to stay. And as far as selling organs on the site if that is to fund more guitar purchases it sounds good to me. 🙂

@yiwork:

Don‘t tell me that! I was hoping that I suffered from temporary insanity when I realized that I bought the third guitar in 2 years. I don’t even have the space. Arghhhh…

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 30, 2022 2:36 PM
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@gherkey I would never tell someone that they have to many guitars. You know they say if your friends tell you that you have to many guitars than it's time to find new friends.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2022 4:54 PM
Sev and jerseychicadee reacted
 Sev
(@gherkey)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @yiwork

@gherkey I would never tell someone that they have to many guitars. You know they say if your friends tell you that you have to many guitars than it's time to find new friends.

Does that apply for wifes/girlfriends too? 🤣 

Hovever, here's my collection (so far), from left to right: 

- Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004 (use for my band back then, mostly unplayed since 15 years)

- Taylor 614CE Builders Edition 2019 (midlife crises purchase, instead of a motorcycle 😉 , my first acoustic, inspired me heavily)

- Martin D-42 2020 (40th birthday present to myself, needed a dreadnought after getting into bluegrass, planned to go fo D-28 but could not resist after playing this beauty and you only turn 40 once, right?) 

- Martin D-28 2021 (Well, what can I say. After putting 400+ hours into the D-42, I thought it was time to go out to play with other people, but did not want to take the D-42 everywhere + did want to bring this deluxe piece while still kind of a beginner + was looking for a bit of a different, more direct, more bluegrassy sound) 

So here we are now. I'm hoping to be through with it for some time now. Fingers crossed! 

Cheers

Sev

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 3, 2022 4:33 AM
Page 3 / 3
Share: