Forum

Gibson Les Paul Tri...

Notifications
Clear all

Gibson Les Paul Tribute 2020

(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Made the mistake of entering Guitar Center today. What a custer____! I requested entry into the high end acoustic room. They unlocked 1 guitar and never came back. I played the Taylor 214 Deluxe. Fell in love, of course, but it’s next on my want list maybe. It is much bigger than I’m used to but it is gorgeous!  I stumbled onto a used Gibson Les Paul Tribute and squirreled it to a corner with a mess of Gretsch’s and PRS’s. I haven’t bought a new guitar in months. I’ve wanted to get an electric for a while so, here she is. 

Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2021 6:46 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, George Lange and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Congratulations!  Looks great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 7:03 PM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

This is a very nice guitar you want to buy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2021 7:46 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve named her Honey. She’s heavy. Perfect fit into my Arsenal. Looked for a strap to match. Ended up stealing Penny’s Walker & Williams red and gold tooled leather Strap.  Ordered a new strap for Penny.  Got the one I originally wanted for Penny. A Gretsch that was made to match perfectly. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2021 10:09 AM
George Lange, fransverboom, yiwork and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve named her Honey. She’s heavy. Perfect fit into my Arsenal. Looked for a strap to match. Ended up stealing Penny’s Walker & Williams red and gold tooled leather Strap.  Ordered a new strap for Penny.  Got the one I originally wanted for Penny. A Gretsch that was made to match perfectly. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2021 10:10 AM
fransverboom and jrick92 reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Sweet as Honey

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2021 10:24 AM
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Very nice @Jerseychickadee you can never have to big of a guitarsenal. I got to talking to fellow at the bluegrass jam this week he has 47 guitars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2021 3:35 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My family thinks I’m nuts!! I only have 7 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2021 9:42 AM
George Lange, fransverboom, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

i'm way behind with 3!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 6:39 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

So, here’s the daily Guitar drama. My new Honey, a Les Paul Tribute was a used guitar. I checked it out very well BUT yesterday I found a teenie tiny spot on the heel of the neck. I thought I’d spilled something on it. Probably coffee or gravy. So, I wiped it, then took my fingernail to it. Mistake.  Turns out it was a bubble in the nitrocellulose satin lacquer. Called around the area. Had a Zoom with Gibson guitars.  Cost about $300-400 plus S&H. Might as well return it and step up.   So, back to GC this am and returned little Honey. Then shelled out the extra $400, bought a brand spanking new one same model and color. Built 6/21.

End note:

Cause of the bubble, a cheap guitar stand. The fake rubbery foam reacts with the satin lacquers. So, my cheap guitar stand I bought is going to get covered in velvet to protect the finish on my other guitars. I may end up buying a wooden cabinet. I showed my son some on Amazon. He says he can build one once the weather cools off. The Gibson blogs talk about this Nitrocellulose peeling a lot. Live and Learn. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 8:08 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Also, bought a little Fender Champion 20 amp. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 8:15 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  Ever since my Gibson SG fell off the stand and broke the headstock, my guitars have lived in their cases

I

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 10:48 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I just put Schaller strap locks on 3 of my guitars, Penny, Honey and my brand new a Gretsch Jet in Silver, aptly renamed to Silvio (Stevie Van Sant, one of favorites).  Also,  upgraded my guitar stand to a Fender 7 guitar stand, lined in red velvet. I noticed the stand I had my Tribute on was making tiny marks on  the back where it leaned on the stand. I have my new little love, the Fender Ron Emory Loyalty Parlor in the guitar shop getting a couple fret buzz spots adjusted. Bought a Snake Skin Walker & Williams Strap for Silvio and a Gold Butterfly Walker & Williams Strap for Honey. I’m at 9 guitars right now. Out of control. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 5, 2021 11:00 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Honey. Fresh back from getting her first set up. New strap too. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2021 10:18 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Or this one 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 1, 2021 12:14 PM
Share: