Forum

Bought a Takamine

Notifications
Clear all

Bought a Takamine

(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Well, let’s make it 11!!  Been fiending over this one for months and finally got an offer from one of favorite dealers that I can live with/afford. Arrives tomorrow! Can’t sleep, of course 🥱🥱

Went to Guitar Center 3 times to play one but all they had was a GN77 Koa w/cutaway (that I enjoyed playing but way too big for me). 🤬🤬

Walked away from a Martin deal because it was too big. 😢😢

While I was walking out of GC, a guy bolted past me carrying a smaller amp. Shoplifter. Staff went after him but he had a bike and got away  as I was driving down the road, there he was,  riding his bike with his stolen amp. My kid said I should have stopped him and asked him how much.  Lol  Not me  

Topic starter Posted : July 21, 2022 7:48 PM
George Lange and yiwork reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

She arrived yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous. I have to say much higher quality/craftsmanship than ALL my other guitars. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 23, 2022 1:05 PM
George Lange reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee  I'm looking forward to hear how she sounds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2022 3:58 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

@yiwork yea I’m no performer lol. I’ll never post my playing. I really suck. I sound best in a VERY large group where you can’t hear me 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 25, 2022 8:59 AM
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee I find it hard to believe that you aren't a good player. I bet that most of use think that way about our playing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2022 3:53 PM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

Bruce Springsteen and the Eagles play this brand of guitar as well 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2022 5:38 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m pretty excited over this little beauty but I’m a cheap date (easy to please). I started out on a $300 lower end Fender in 2020 beginning of Covid. I felt like that was A LOT $$$$. Since then , I keep upping the ante ($$$Ive spent) Still playing the same handful of songs from Devin’s lessons. Still can only play 1 by memory. Like I said, I only play for me, won’t play in front of people (except my son who is mostly an unwilling audience) 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by jerseychicadee
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 2, 2022 8:44 PM
yiwork reacted
Share: