Forum

Delay on the new le...

Notifications
Clear all

Delay on the new lessons...

Page 1 / 4
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Hope everyone is staying safe out there! We've had some severe snow and ice storms here in Texas and the electricity has been out for long periods and most people have been stranded at home. Pretty crazy stuff! The good news is that the weather should be above freezing tomorrow and power is finally back on! Anyways, got a bit behind on the lessons with all of this but just wanted to give y'all an update that everything is good over here and new lessons are on the way.

Keep sending lesson requests if you have any!

Devin

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

Topic starter Posted : February 18, 2021 3:39 PM
jerseychicadee, Chris W., jrick92 and 4 people reacted
(@christopher)

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 4:02 PM
jerseychicadee, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @devin

Hope everyone is staying safe out there! We've had some severe snow and ice storms here in Texas and the electricity has been out for long periods and most people have been stranded at home. Pretty crazy stuff! The good news is that the weather should be above freezing tomorrow and power is finally back on! Anyways, got a bit behind on the lessons with all of this but just wanted to give y'all an update that everything is good over here and new lessons are on the way.

Keep sending lesson requests if you have any!

Devin

I didn't think you got Snow in Texas 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 5:31 PM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk We usually only have about a month of "cold" weather in the winter but this year it's snowed twice somehow. A week ago we got about 10 inches here and it was getting down to 7 - 15 degrees fahrenheit. A lot of people down here haven't had power or any heat since this past Monday. It's been pretty wild!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 18, 2021 6:14 PM
jerseychicadee, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@devin  That is unusual for you guy's, It has been pretty bad here this winter as well but that's to be expected this far north.

Stay safe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 7:01 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@devin  We were a little better off in the panhandle since we normally have a good bit of winter weather here. I never did lose power but we had some rolling blackouts in the area and school has been out all week. We also had a real nice snow without much ice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 11:43 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hearing about Texas' winter weather I was thinking about you, Devin, and wondering if you were being affected by this. Hope it gets better there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 4:28 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

The weather in Texas has made the news headline's here in the UK 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 5:44 PM
jrick92, Devin, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Peter Rowan sing's a lovely song called Break my heart, Again, The words in it brings Texas to mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 6:24 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

when the midlands shut down the entire transit system shuts down. Texas has been slammed. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 8:37 PM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

@jrick92 That's good your power situation was better. Yeah, the snow was pretty cool though! The dogs loved it.. got a lot of good videos of them playing in the yard. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 19, 2021 10:35 PM
Susan Wagner, John, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk That's pretty funny it made the news in the UK! The news has loved talking about our senator taking off to Cancún... plenty of Ted Cruz memes going around.. and a really funny episode of Jimmy Kimmel that I watched on YouTube this morning about that. Hope things are going well for you in the UK! I was reading that the covid vaccinations are going well over there.

Hope you have a good weekend - Devin

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 19, 2021 10:41 PM
Susan Wagner, John, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@devin  I think next winter, I'll have plans in place to take off for Mexico if this happens again. lol 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 10:59 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Yea Ted Cruz really showed his butt to his state this week. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2021 10:08 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@devin Yes Devin The Vaccinations are Going great we are Vaccinating the  55 - 60 age groups now I get mine next Tuesday 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2021 3:49 PM
Page 1 / 4
Share: