Forum

A poor try on a ric...

Notifications
Clear all

A poor try on a rich song

(@luc-guideau)
Eminent Member

Dear all,

Only two months ago, I have discovered the boom-chick method that Devin is presenting as the basement of country music in his valuable lessons about country strumming.

As I have already told you in other posts, I have subscribed to Devin's site on account of two women: Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton.

Here is what I can produce after two months of steady boom-chick works and some lick adds on an iconic song of Dolly Parton.

I apologise for my hesitations and my miss-ups during this recording. But, I dare to think that we are at school here. So let us take it as a simple sharing of what a Devin's student can perform after a two month work.

Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2020 5:02 AM
Sev, Dan, Ewart Boer and 5 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Great job Luc. You did great!  Keep going. I love the walk ups and hammer ons. You are a far better student than I!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 10:56 AM
(@luc-guideau)
Eminent Member

@jerseychicadee

Many thanks for the compliment.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2020 1:27 PM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

You are right, Luc, we are in school here. Great job on Coat of Many Colors!

Your previous video of Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain inspired me to try that one again, and I found the solo that goes in that song, too. One of these days I'll be brave enough to post a video. 😊  

Yesterday I recorded a song on my phone recorder to hear the difference between old/new string sets on my guitar. I was appalled at how "draggy" my playing sounded. It's pretty enlightening to record yourself so you can hear what others hear, that's for sure. It's a good tool, though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 2:03 PM
(@luc-guideau)
Eminent Member

@shysue

Awesome ! I am glad that my video has inspired you that much.

I am impatient to watch and to hear your first try.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2020 3:41 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @luc-guideau

Dear all,

Only two months ago, I have discovered the boom-chick method that Devin is presenting as the basement of country music in his valuable lessons about country strumming.

As I have already told you in other posts, I have subscribed to Devin's site on account of two women: Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton.

Here is what I can produce after two months of steady boom-chick works and some lick adds on an iconic song of Dolly Parton.

I apologise for my hesitations and my miss-ups during this recording. But, I dare to think that we are at school here. So let us take it as a simple sharing of what a Devin's student can perform after a two month work.

Very good for just 1 month, It's not as easy as it looks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 4:45 PM
Luc Guideau, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Sounds good!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2020 10:45 PM
John, Luc Guideau, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@luc-guideau We're looking at cameras now to put on my computer. I don't really have a webcam right now to even record anything. One of these days!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 7:17 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, Luc Guideau and 2 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Nice job Luc! Nice playing and well sounding voice. You must have been practicing hard to get this down in two months 👍🏼

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 10:02 AM
Eric Reinhardt, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@luc-guideau)
Eminent Member

@ewartboer

Many thanks for the encouragements. Ewart.

These two months were not a waste of time at least. And I was so motivated by the meaning of this song to me as well.

Still working...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 10, 2020 10:17 AM
Share: