Forum

Lesson Requests

Notifications
Clear all

Lesson Requests

Page 1 / 3
(@rschildernc-rr-com)

I realize that we all have the ability to send a message to Devin and make a song or lesson request via the direct chat function or in any comment box beneath the lessons.  But, I thought it might be cool to post them here for all the CGO World to see, and for discussion.

I'll start...

I recently got into the Hybrid Picking course and think it is pretty wonderful (particularly for a guy who couldn't conceive of himself playing with his fingers).  I went through the first three lessons and then found / https://countryguitaronline.com/lynyrd-skynyrd-style-blues-progression/   The Lynyrd Skynyrd lesson is great.  In addition to being a very cool riff, it has helped me with palm muting -- which I didn't know how to do very well.

Anyways, I enjoyed the lesson by the Southern Rock and Roll Band, and wouldn't mind seeing more lessons in the same vein.  I realize that this is primarily a country and bluegrass site, but I think it would be great to see a few more lessons from popular bands that have the country twang (or simply have a few country-sounding songs in their catalog).

Examples...

Eagles - Tequila Sunrise

Allman Brothers -- Jessica

Rolling Stones -- Dead Flowers

I would love to hear Devin's acoustic spin on these classics!

Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2018 3:16 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 6 people reacted
(@scooter)

rschilder.   Man, your on fire...  another very cool idea.

Good songs to request, though not sure how far off the Country Bluegrass Devin will go.  I'll bet he could really do excellent acoustic arrangements for those songs.

Good post.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2018 9:19 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 5 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

I agree with Scooter, keep the ideas coming. If you don't mind, I think I might change the title of this forum post to "Lesson Requests"...and at the top menu of the site under the Contact link, there's a link to a lesson request form. I was thinking we'd go ahead and change that Lesson Request link so it'll go straight to this forum post.

I get a lot of lesson requests and right now they all go to my e-mail inbox. When I'm busy, I usually can't find the time to copy the requests over to our "official" list of lesson ideas. If everybody started posting their requests here in the forum, it would be so much easier for me to track, and I bet other folks would enjoy scrolling through the requests to see what other people are wanting to learn.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this.

Great idea!

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2018 12:36 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, C White and 6 people reacted
(@rschildernc-rr-com)

No problem with you changing the title from Song Requests to Lessons Requests.  Makes sense.

Also, if you think it would be a good idea, could you change CGO-Inspired Guitar to CGO-Inspired Videos?  I had the thought yesterday after I posted it, that the current topic name might not be very  clear, whereas maybe we'll get a click or two if folks are looking for videos.  I tried to make the change myself, but I'm guessing I need a Keymaster to get involved.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2018 1:55 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, C White and 6 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Sounds good, I'll update the title of the other one. I think it'll get more clicks like that too. As it is now, the forum lets Participants edit for 15 minutes after a topic is submitted. I guess we'll leave it like that for now and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2018 2:26 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 5 people reacted
(@alton)

I would love some lessons on Sturgill Simpson songs. He is one of my big favorites since I watched this video

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2018 3:06 AM
 Ron
(@ron)

Your bluegrass improvising course has helped me a lot. More lessons in that course would be great! Thanks to this course, your technique of playing bluegrass guitar licks over chord shapes has transformed my playing. Excellent lessons!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2018 7:19 AM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, Susan Wagner and 5 people reacted
(@geoff)

Devin, your lessons are really the BEST country and bluegrass lessons available anywhere. Thanks again for all your hard work. Could you do a short lesson teaching Sturgill Simpson riffs? Modern country usually doesn't do it for me but Sturgill has some nice classic riffs that might fit with your fill riff lesson course.

Thanks!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2018 8:52 AM
Justin
(@infoyounggloves-co-uk)
Reputable Member

I'm enjoying everything on the site and I'm working through it all nicely.  My style is very much flat picking and fingerstyle so anything Doc Watson would be brill for me.

Steve Earle's Tom Ammes Prayer would be awesome as the flat picking solo is just so good.  I think you would do an amazing arrangement of it and I think it would be very popular as it's such a great song 😀

Keep on Picking 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2018 10:16 PM
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Great idea this forum, i think your song choises for the lessons are great !   My sugestion for a lesson would be the song :

Randall Collings   By  Norman Blake

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2018 11:45 PM
Susan Wagner, jerseychicadee, John and 4 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Good idea!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 8:36 PM
(@scooter)

I really enjoy The Last Thing On My Mind - written by Tom Paxton.   Doc Watson and Dolly did a terrific cover with a bit of a bluegrass feel.  It's an easy song, but it would nice to have Devin's take on this song, with his style of arrangement.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2018 1:42 AM
(@cassarta11gmail-com)
Trusted Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8vjk_ZtQw  have a look , this one looks similar to what simpson does. with hammer on , pull off. might be very helpful

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2018 8:21 PM
(@cassarta11gmail-com)
Trusted Member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8vjk_ZtQw look similar

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2018 8:22 PM
(@cassarta11gmail-com)
Trusted Member

Devin , have you got some lessons about trance blues ?

the man Otis taylor is an expert and would have liked some  advices if you got some to share  ! cheers !

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2018 9:25 PM
Susan Wagner, jerseychicadee, John and 4 people reacted
Page 1 / 3
Share: