Forum

Lesson Requests

Notifications
Clear all

Lesson Requests

Page 3 / 3
 John
(@johnmyhandymangmail-com)

Hello Devin, I like what you are doing here as well, whatever you do is fine as long as you you enjoy doing it, should be something enjoyable for the work you do here.. I liked the Tony Rice licks and still have a lot of favorites and those lessons I have yet to fall back on too!  Thanks for the lessons  you are sharing here now and always excited to see a new lesson or extension to existing lessons too!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 18, 2018 3:26 PM
(@rschildernc-rr-com)

John's post, and his comment on extending existing lessons, got me thinking about one of your lessons that I'd love to see an extension to... Fill Riffs Lesson #7 (Cripple Creek).

I love that lesson because of all the many fill riff solos that come along with it. It is pretty invaluable.  But... and yes, there's always a but... I also wish there was some tab for the main solo melody.  This was the first lesson I came across where I had to look elsewhere to find what I was looking for.  I found one guy that did the melody on the high strings, and one guy that did it on the lower ones.  (But, don't worry, I learnt what each guy was doing for free -- and closed up their sites when the lesson required a subscription to learn more!).

Thanks Devin, and have a great week!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2018 1:47 AM
 Peg
(@wallacepeggy134gmail-com)

I saw a brief lesson on Arkansas Traveler but was wondering if you could do the melody line and rhythm with that song?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2018 2:24 PM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Arkansas Traveler is one of my favorites. It's actually been on my list of lessons to record for a while now but haven't quite made it there yet. On the way soon!

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2018 2:18 AM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

For sure, I love recording the lessons. It was a ton of work in the early stages of putting the site together, but it's paying off and the work load is finally tapering down a bit. And it's great that people are actually using the site. Makes it all pretty rewarding.

I'm going to put together a Country Guitar Lick Library next. Hope you like those licks as well. The guitar licks will be along the lines of the bluegrass lick library, but going to focus on artist signature licks. Can't wait to get it going. It'll be a work in progress putting it together, but I'm planning to post licks to the new lick library in between recording the larger song and technique lessons. Thanks for the post -

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2018 2:25 AM
(@cjdubs66gmail-com)

I’m digging really hard on colter wall right now and would love a lesson on something of his. I think Kate mccannon would be a great one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2018 12:38 PM
(@boydjonathanhotmail-com)

Anything by Jason Isbell would be appreciated, love your work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2018 9:51 AM
 Alex
(@alexcontinilive-co-uk)
Eminent Member

Hi Devin,

I keep hearing this little ‘soft country’ jingle on several videos featuring online acoustics reviews, and can’t track down the song or tabs but love it. Do you have the faintest idea of what the song might be called? It’s the third and last song the guy is playing on this video. 

If anyone else can help, please fire away.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2018 12:02 PM
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Hi Alex

i think the song is “ the last thing on my mind “ by Tom Paxton

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2018 7:51 AM
Susan Wagner, jerseychicadee, C White and 5 people reacted
 Alex
(@alexcontinilive-co-uk)
Eminent Member

Ha! Thank you very much Sir! it’s  certainly very similar to the other versions I’m hearing. Interestingly, someone else had mentioned the same song earlier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2018 10:48 AM
(@f8thfullegmail-com)

Devin, Bluegrass flatpicking is what lured me to your site.  I hope this style of picking instruction will be the mainstay and bulk of content.  I'd like to see a lesson on Arkansas Traveler flatpicked.  Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2018 7:45 AM
(@tedandersencomcast-net)

Hi,

New member here, and lovin' the format, clarity, and logical progression of these lessons!

My super favorite flat-picker is David Rawlings, and especially the fills he elegantly (blues-ily) puts into the background of Gillian Welch tunes. Any chance there could be some Rawlings licks or tunes lessons?

Thanks--Ted

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 26, 2018 7:59 AM
(@scott_9hotmail-se)

I'd love to learn the great tune "Ol' Muddy River" with Dee White. It's an amazing song and the guitar sounds so damn fine..

Here's a version of it:

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2019 9:58 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@cassarta11gmail-com     Excellent, Thanks for posting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 5:16 PM
(@g)
Noble Member

@altonvary cool song.That would be fun to play. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 7:13 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 1 people reacted
Page 3 / 3
Share: