Forum

Retirement Inspirat...

Notifications
Clear all

Retirement Inspiration

Page 1 / 2
(@shalvors140gmail-com)

I retired last month and finally find myself with that time I always thought I would have to do this right.  I have been a member for a while but time to dig in, stay true to the lesson series and see everything we have going here.  I am soo grateful to have this resource and a new found inspiration to dust off the guitar and play, its been too long.  My Mandolin(s), My first loves are jealous, but we are gonna get along and figure it out....

Looking forwards to the clearly supportive community also,,,  Some great threads and help out there.

cheers   

Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 5:55 PM
canuck, Scott Larson, John and 10 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Congratulations on retirement! I retired 10 years ago. Love your collection!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 11:02 AM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 7 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Welcome.  I've been retired for 9 years. I was involved with grandkid baseball and horses mainly but now I find myself with time to learn guitar. I should have started sooner I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 11:34 AM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 6 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I'm retired, too. Got lots of time to practice, but the fingers do get a little sore. 😀 Love your mandolin and guitar collection!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 4:17 PM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 7 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Welcome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 6:27 PM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Welcome on the forum! Sounds like a good plan and great motivation. I hope that my instrument collection would be as nice as yours when I will retire. Good luck with playing and taking the lessons 👍🏼😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 12:40 AM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 6 people reacted
(@henry_5823msn-com)
Trusted Member

I retired 1 1/2 years ago. I tell people that bluegrass music is a part of my retirement package (plus a beard and long hair). Guitar most of my life and mandolin since retirement. I often marvel at how the bluegrass greats did it without the aid of what we have at our fingertips today. They are so much more talented. There is still a time and place for us "wannabes".    

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 7:49 AM
Scott Larson, John, Susan Wagner and 4 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shalvors140gmail-com

I retired last month and finally find myself with that time I always thought I would have to do this right.  I have been a member for a while but time to dig in, stay true to the lesson series and see everything we have going here.  I am soo grateful to have this resource and a new found inspiration to dust off the guitar and play, its been too long.  My Mandolin(s), My first loves are jealous, but we are gonna get along and figure it out....

Looking forwards to the clearly supportive community also,,,  Some great threads and help out there.

cheers   

Welcome to CGO happy picking

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 10:13 AM
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

Blimey! This thread makes me feel young! Congratulations!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 12:31 PM
Scott Larson, John, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@dom 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 3:44 PM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, Susan Wagner and 5 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shalvors140gmail-com

cheers   

I Like the Blueridge 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 3:45 PM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, Susan Wagner and 6 people reacted
(@morrow1616)
Trusted Member

congratulations,  enjoy it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2020 5:52 PM
Scott Larson, John, fransverboom and 4 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)