New from Holland

Notifications
Clear all

New from Holland

Page 2 / 2
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

Welcome Ewart. Sigma were owned by Martin in the past, unless i'm mistaken, but not sure if they still are because Martin now make their own "budget" guitars in Mexico. 

I saw one in a "best acoustic of under 500 dollars" shootout on Youtube  a while back and it was the star of the show! Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2020 9:14 AM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, John and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@jrick92 Yes, I recognize the same feeling. It is not only about the skills you have but also the level you're aiming at.

If you're trying to play like Billy Strings, you probably would be disappointed every time you pick up your guitar. ItI puts things into perspective to watch some slower country songs with nice riffs which are more do-able for beginners.

That being said, I agree that it is fun to learn playing guitar!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 23, 2020 10:49 AM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, John and 4 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@dom you're right that the brand was owned by Martin in the past. It seems that in that time the quality was even better than now. Sigma has been taken over by another brand but was sold with the license to keep the name. 

I believe immediately that it was star in the show you mentioned. You shouldn't compare one to a Martin, since it is a whole other price category, but it is absolutely one of the better guitars for the money. Recently I bought another one for a good price to make some money, but it was kept by my girlfriend. She loves the sound of it 😀

I'm still looking for a Sigma DM-15 because of its dark sound. Indeed, it's a replica of the Martin DM-15 which is recommended by Devin in one of the videos on CGO. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 23, 2020 11:04 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@ewartboer  I absolutely agree. I've been a learn-a-holic my whole life and it's always helpful and encouraging to revisit basic fundamentals no matter what you are trying to learn. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2020 11:11 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @ewartboer

Hello Everone,

I get to this forum by the videos which were posted on YouTube. My guitar teacher in Holland was always teaching me nice country- and bluegrass riffs and thats where the love begin. I like to play christian worship songs as well and sometimes that can be combined in christian country songs. I absolutely love the lessons and the clear way they are taught. I'm playing a Sigma DM-ST1 which I got second hand for a nice price. I like the guitar and it is really good for playing country- and bluegrass songs.

I'm sure that I will learn a lot here and it would be fun to hang here around at the forum as well and talk with other guitar players. 

Gods blessings!

Welcome to CGO, Good luck with the lessons.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2020 4:12 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: