New from Holland

Notifications
Clear all

New from Holland

Page 1 / 2
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Hello Everone,

I get to this forum by the videos which were posted on YouTube. My guitar teacher in Holland was always teaching me nice country- and bluegrass riffs and thats where the love begin. I like to play christian worship songs as well and sometimes that can be combined in christian country songs. I absolutely love the lessons and the clear way they are taught. I'm playing a Sigma DM-ST1 which I got second hand for a nice price. I like the guitar and it is really good for playing country- and bluegrass songs.

I'm sure that I will learn a lot here and it would be fun to hang here around at the forum as well and talk with other guitar players. 

Gods blessings!

Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 2:43 PM
Scott Larson, John, dom and 6 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hi Ewart, Welcome to CGO. Nice guitar!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 4:25 PM
Scott Larson, John, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Welcome to the best Country Guitar lessons! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 5:16 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Welcome Ewart. Nice looking guitar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 7, 2020 11:04 PM
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@shysue Thank you Susan! They call it a 'poor man's Martin' 😉

@jerseychicadee Thank you Jersey! They are indeed the best I've found until now! I really like the breaking of the song into different parts. It helps me to understand.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 11:40 PM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 4 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@jrick92 Thank you Rick!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 7, 2020 11:49 PM
Scott Larson, John, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Welkom Ewart !  Veel plezier met de lessen 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 3:14 AM
Scott Larson, John, Dan and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@fransverboomgmail-com

Dankjewel Frans! Leuk dat er meer Nederlanders op het forum zijn!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 8, 2020 9:41 AM
Scott Larson, John, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Hoi Ewart , ja leuk dat er meer Nederlanders zijn , ik heb inmiddels al weer een paar jaar veel plezier van Devin’s lessen , ben nog lang geen goede gitarist maar ga vooruit en vind het erg leuk om te doen.

groetjes Frans

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 8, 2020 10:34 AM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Dat is al weer een hele tijd om online te lessen. Ik heb altijd bij een gitaarleraar gelest maar vindt dit toch ook een hele fijne manier om een specifieke stijl te leren spelen.

Zolang je er zelf plezier in hebt dan maakt het niet veel uit hoe goed je bent. Ik ervaar dat mijn waardering voor mijn gitaarspel hoger word als ik een song een paar keer ga oefenen en het dan ga opnemen. Bij het terugluisteren blijkt het dan vaak toch niet zo gek te klinken 😉. Leuk dat je progressie ziet in je gitaarspel!

English: That has been a long time to take lessons online. I have always been taught by a guitar teacher, but I think this is a very nice way to learn to play a specific style.

As long as you enjoy it yourself, it doesn't matter how good you are. I find that my appreciation for my guitar playing increases when I practice a song a few times and then start recording it. When listening back, it often turns out not to sound so crazy 😉. Nice that you see progression in your guitar playing

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2020 12:33 AM
Scott Larson, John, dom and 6 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Welcome Ewart!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 8:30 AM
Scott Larson, John, dom and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Thank you Eric! I saw already that you are one of the master writers of this forum 😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2020 10:00 AM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, John and 6 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@ewartboer I started on guitar just because I realized I had half a brain (the musical part) that had never been used. So far it has been more enjoyable than I expected. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2020 7:28 PM
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

@jrick92: That is a not a bad motivation to start playing guitar. I think that you have more reasons now to keep playing😉.

I remember that I was doubting about buying my first guitar. it was my mom who convinced me to 'just do it'. I never regret!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 22, 2020 11:08 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@ewartboer  It actually has surprised me that the journey has been fun from the start. I thought at first that I probably never would get good enough to really enjoy it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 7:18 PM
Scott Larson, fransverboom, John and 4 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: