Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hello

(@kevin-mooresvirginmedia-com)

Hi Everyone. Just dropping a note to introduce myself. I'm coming very late to bluegrass and country music but have been listening to it a lot recently, especially after seeing a fantastic bluegrass band from Philadelphia called Man about a Horse at my local jazz club (The Bear Club - check it out if you're over here) here in Luton in the UK, and watching the amazing Ken Burns series on the history of country music that's currently being shown on the BBC4 television network.

I'm quite an experienced player and have recently joined a 3 piece "jug' band that plays bluesy/folksy/bluegrassy/country(y) type music where I play bass and guitar. Lots of old tunes but also writing our own songs. I needed to quickly play some bluegrass and country guitar solos and came across this facility so took the plunge and joined. Really looking forward to developing my soloing and other aspects of country guitar.

Topic starter Posted : January 12, 2020 9:31 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, johnny S and 7 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Hi Kevin!

Playing in the jug band sounds fun. I'd love to hear some songs if you have any posted out there on the internet.

Thanks for the post. Glad to have you here at CGO!

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2020 11:43 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, Jocelyn and 5 people reacted
Share: