Forum

A new member introd...

Notifications
Clear all

A new member introduces

(@dieter-reindlt-online-de)

Hello,

I'm new here at CGO and I would like to introduce me. My Name is Dieter, I live in Nuremberg/Germany and I are a retired youngster of  72. In 1964 I had my 1st Gig as a Bass player with the Garageband “motleys”. (Rolling Stones Covers – not good, but loud) Later I played Classical Guitar and Folkmusic. With my last Band “Imagine” some  years ago I played mainly Beatles-Covers. And now I want to learn more of Country and Bluegrass Guitar just for fun. I think, Devin is an excellent  teacher and I'm happy for all that qualified opportunities. Here a  Video  of 2 little life-gigs with my former Band. (Unfortunately with German subtitle, but look at the pictures and listen to the Songs - and enjoy.

Dieter

P.S- I have to apologize for my horrible English.

Topic starter Posted : March 10, 2019 10:06 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, chris and 7 people reacted

Hello,

sorry for the above compatibility problems. Unfortunately I noticed it too late. Here another little Video with 4 unplugged Country Songs, covered by the Acoustic Group "Sometimes". I only played the Bass Guitar.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 10, 2019 6:49 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, chris and 5 people reacted
(@albertdbrownhotmail-com)

Dieter,

Enjoyed the videos. I am a "wannabe" guitar person just starting out and not as far along as you. Just tinkering around with things in my later years. Notice that you are from Nuerumberg. As a side bar, I have memories of the area. I spent three years in Erlangen back in the Seventies. Anyway enjoyed the music and my attempts to read the captions. Surprisingly I remember many of the words. ADB

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2019 3:57 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, Jocelyn and 4 people reacted

Hello Albert,

thank you for your friendly comment. I began to make music in the 1960s, but there had been long periods, I played not any note. And in styles of Country and Bluegrass I also be a complete "wannabe". And so I m beginning now with the Basics like the Strumming Course. I like that exciting runs, the special techniques and the Songs, full of Romantice and Soul.

Nice to hear that you had lived for some times about 20 km from my home. I don t know, wether you had noticed of the Music festival "Bardentreffen" (Singermeeting) which takes place at the historical Citycenter of Nuremberg every year in July/August? For 3 days are 200.000 Visitors and Artists on 9 stages in all street on the way. Completely non-profit  and for free in a peaceful and friendly atmosphere with music of all kind and Styles, from amateur to the top professional. Last year I walked an afternoon with the camera through the streets, not to see the big events, but hundreds of street musicians. Look yourself, enjoy the music and the nice historical City of my home town.

Dieter

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 14, 2019 8:05 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, Jocelyn and 5 people reacted
(@gitarrenkloppi)
Eminent Member

Hi Dieter,

und ich dachte schon ich wäre der Einzige aus Deutschland hier 😉

Grüße aus Gießen

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 21, 2020 2:55 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted