Forum

What's Everybody up...

Notifications
Clear all

What's Everybody up To?

Page 1 / 5
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Gosh. I haven't posted much in the last few days because we've been really busy, and I come back and it's like a ghost town! Haven't had time to practice much, either. 😥 

The banjo is coming along but it's a challenge, for sure. Makes me appreciate my guitar just all that much more. 😀 

Topic starter Posted : March 31, 2021 7:14 PM
Luc Guideau, George Lange, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

After my vaccine I ended up with some mildly frightening side effects. Basically cried all day Friday from fear. Lived through it so far. Long story short I had blood clots in my lungs about 6 years ago after knee replacement. Started feeling some weirdness in my right leg and arm, right where my elbow hits on my guitar, thought to myself, well here comes the stroke I’ve been waiting for. Still alive, no stroke but still pretty scared all in all. Took a full day off and not hitting it too hard all week. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2021 11:01 PM
John and jrick92 reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Wow, sorry to hear that. 😯 That would be frightening, for sure. Hope you get over the side effects soon and feel better. 

We get our second shot next Tuesday and it's the Moderna vaccine. I had no reaction to the first shot other than a sore arm, but my hubby had mild flu symptoms afterwards and was sleeping on the sofa most of the day. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 1, 2021 4:58 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

@shysue...Well here in Ontario we are going province wide shutdown due to covid variants flairing up...we may be able to get our first shot next week.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2021 7:31 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@canuck  Oh no, I was afraid that this might happen. Here in the U.S. Dr. Fauci said if we continued getting vaccinations, wearing masks, and social distancing we might have somewhat of a "normal" summer. A lot of people just heard "normal" and just decided the pandemic was over. I don't think it is by a long shot but it's hard to convince people otherwise. Also, the longer we struggle with this, the more the variants are going to be popping up. Sigh. 

Well, I hope Ontario gets past the flare ups and y'all stay healthy. And good you're getting your first shot!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 1, 2021 8:21 PM
Luc Guideau, John, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I went out with my daughter the other day. She says, ‘ you got your vaccine you only need to wear 1 mask now’. I wear 2. I told her I’ll wear 2 thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2021 10:06 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee   Sorry to hear about that. It is scary to have unusual pains like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2021 10:22 PM
John and jerseychicadee reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@canuck I hate to hear about more shutdowns. There is so much conflicting info going around it's  hard to know what to believe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2021 10:28 PM
John and jerseychicadee reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

Well I had the Astrazeneca/Oxford jab and felt a bit rough the day after. All good now. We're still in the mad lockdown though.

Musically, i've been putting most of my energy into the lick library, which is a wonderful resource. And trying to clean up and speed up Jerusalem Bridge.

The lick library gets better with time like a jigsaw. The more bits you have in place the more sense it makes.

Frustratingly, i found that when I returned to Wheel Hoss by David Grier, i'd completely lost my mojo despite having devoted many weeks to learning it last year.🤠

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 11:20 AM
George Lange, John, j.phillips189 and 3 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee sorry to hear you had such a scary reaction.  I'm getting my second shot today so I am getting all my playing in today just in case. @canuck I hope these shut downs can come to an end once enough people are vaccinated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 11:42 AM
John, dom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@dom  I bet those licks are still floating around in there somewhere. 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 9:48 PM
John, jerseychicadee and dom reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

good news..we get our shots next week...bad news...Ontario is now under a stay at home order.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 6:04 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

We got our 2nd Moderna shots last Tuesday and I felt sick for about 36 hours. Headache, chills, fever, fatigue, arm at shot site was very sore. I'm better today but that reaction was pretty bad. Hubby has so far been okay other than a slight headache. He had a bad reaction to the first one while the first one wasn't bad at all for me. Strange how different people react differently to the vaccine!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 8, 2021 6:37 PM
Luc Guideau, John, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue  That is strange. I was thankful to have a very slight reaction to the second and nothing but a sore arm on the first.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 9:04 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I cleaned my refrigerator out 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 11:49 PM
jrick92 and John reacted
Page 1 / 5
Share: