Forum

Say it isn’t real

Notifications
Clear all

Say it isn’t real

(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Martin D28. Found Posted on Fender Play Facebook page. Further snooping lead me to World Famous Fuller Guitar. Cable installer guy drilled a hole from outside to inside right into case and D28! I thought I had it bad when I let the neck of my cheapo Fender slip while strapped to me and the headstock hit the floor and chipped the high gloss polyurethane less than a cm at the very top. I cried. Now the D28 isn’t the most expensive Martin but it’s not cheap either. Fuller Guitar plugged it with a pretty close piece of rosewood. The cable company (unnamed in the post) be buying me a new Martin. Devastating 

Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2020 9:43 AM
fransverboom, jrick92, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yeah, I would be pretty ticked off if that happened to me, for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2020 7:48 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

Oh wow - not good at all. Boy would I be PO’d. Especially since I’ve been saving and have even taken on a job in order to get that level of Martin!

Im sure Fuller is up to the task though. 
Btw, that raises another bias of mine that I have to admit. I care what an instrument looks like. I watch all the vintage videos and appreciate it (like Vince Gill’s collection) but when it comes down to my hard-earned cash, I want it pretty. Any dings? If they’re mine, I accept it. I won’t be leaving a Martin sitting on a stand very often. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 1:33 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 3 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

Martin D28. Found Posted on Fender Play Facebook page. Further snooping lead me to World Famous Fuller Guitar. Cable installer guy drilled a hole from outside to inside right into case and D28! I thought I had it bad when I let the neck of my cheapo Fender slip while strapped to me and the headstock hit the floor and chipped the high gloss polyurethane less than a cm at the very top. I cried. Now the D28 isn’t the most expensive Martin but it’s not cheap either. Fuller Guitar plugged it with a pretty close piece of rosewood. The cable company (unnamed in the post) be buying me a new Martin. Devastating 

I Seen this post on Facebook this morning, Iam sure the owner was devastated 😪 😪 😪 😪 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 5:46 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Did the cable guy feel bad?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 5:51 PM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

You sound pretty chilled about it considering, there’s gotta be a song in there about that one.  Let’s start the lyrics!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 5:49 PM
fransverboom, Susan Wagner, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
Share: