Forum

Hank Williams Songs

Notifications
Clear all

Hank Williams Songs

(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hubby & I have been having fun playing Hank Williams songs lately. Last Saturday I printed out chords for Jambalaya, Hey Good Lookin', Honky Tonkin', and I'm so Lonesome I Could cry.

Most of them are simple, easy chords (two of them are just two chords each) and hubby can play them without too much difficulty (he's still learning chords) and I can try to work in some licks and runs in between verses. 

Anyone else Hank Williams fans? I remember growing up hearing these songs because my Dad had some of his records, but this is the first time I've ever really tried to play them on guitar.   

Topic starter Posted : September 14, 2020 6:23 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I just found this lesson from Devin for Your Cheatin' Heart by Hank Williams. Great!

https://countryguitaronline.com/your-cheatin-heart-country-strumming-guitar-lesson/

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 14, 2020 6:30 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I guess most folks on here like modern country and not the older stuff. Since I'm fairly new to country music I'm doing all kinds of discovering of music I've never really listened to before. 

I discovered that I really like Willie Nelson, too. Texas Monthly had a Willy Nelson special issue that really opened my eyes to all the music he's written and all the albums he's put out. What a guy!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 16, 2020 8:10 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I was watching an old Marty Stuart video earlier. I had forgotten about him. I’m a bit concerned about Steve Earle. His son Justin Townes Earle died a couple weeks ago. He’s been doing his daily show, Guitar Town. Kind of showcasing his vast vintage guitar collection. Treasures every one of them. With his past history of self destructive activities I’m concerned. I play more Hank Williams on ukulele because ukuleles make my playing sound better. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 8:48 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

😀 We have several ukuleles but rarely play them. I got a nice koa uke in Maui that I treasure, but don't even play that one very often. 

Right now I'm just focused on guitar and practicing as much as I can. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2020 3:25 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I haven’t been giving my Ukes much attention lately other than making sure the humidity is good for them. I have a mahogany Concert that tends to needs extra humidification in summer 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2020 3:40 PM
Share: