Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Reverb

(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I had posted 2 guitars for sale on Reverb. The Taylor sold locally from my Craigslist ad. The Fender sold yesterday off Reverb. I had posted both guitars for local pick up only. Friday night I increased my asking price on the Fender to include the Fender branded ($125 retail) gig bag (really super bag) and added $10 to help with shipping. I was amazed not a hit for a month at 275 but as soon as I raised the price and added shipping bang. Sold! 
I had received an email from Reverb last week which I half heartedly scanned but today it pulled me back. Reverb is closing down the App on April30! 

Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2021 12:31 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Did it say why?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2021 8:43 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

They said there are platforms that focus solely on sales. Here it is

We have made the difficult decision to stop supporting Reverb Sites on April 30, 2021. We wanted to let you know as soon as possible to ensure you have plenty of time to transition from Reverb Sites to another service prior to the end of April.

We launched Reverb Sites in 2017 hopeful that it would enable sellers like you to build your brand and your sales through a standalone, Reverb-powered website. As we spent time building and working to improve this service, it ultimately became clear that better, more robust website services already exist.

Recommended Next Steps & Resources

We want to ensure your transition happens as smoothly as possible, so depending on your shop’s needs, there are two providers we recommend:

• Lightspeed for sellers focused on a combination of ecommerce and in-person sales, and

• Shopify for sellers focused primarily on ecommerce

As you start planning to trasnition from Reverb Sites to another service, please view our FAQ and contact your Seller Engagement Manager or our Integrations team at integrations@reverb.com. You can also find a complete list of Reverb-supported integrations here.

Thank you for being a part of the Reverb seller community. While this decision wasn’t an easy one, we’re confident that our ability to focus time and resources elsewhere will enable us to continue creating impactful tools and services to grow your sales through Reverb.

Sincerely,

Kevin Drost

Chief Strategy Officer, Reverb

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2021 9:26 AM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hmmm . . . that's interesting. I haven't tried selling on Reverb but I've been thinking about it. I sold all kinds of stuff on eBay for years, but shipping is a PITA. Didn't realize Reverb had a local pickup only option. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2021 7:21 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Lucky that I had a guitar box here that it got into! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 11, 2021 10:46 PM
John, Susan Wagner, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  Thanks for posting this, I had intended to check out Reverb.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2021 11:36 PM
John, Susan Wagner, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Interesting, so they are spending too many resources on it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 8:16 AM
John, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Share: