Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Practice Time

Page 2 / 2
(@morrow1616)
Trusted Member

I agree, this seems to be to be the only way to get it to stick.  I also go back to the start and there is always something basic that I need to work on.  Always areas to improve.   I am really enjoying the CGO format and lessons,  learning a lot and enjoying it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2020 6:08 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 7 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@morrow1616 I am really enjoying it too.

It has definitely brought back my love for playing that was lost due to just being so busy with everyday life.

This has been a good reset for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 11, 2020 9:10 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 7 people reacted
(@ruffy)

@morrow1616

Im returning here after a long hiatus and really enjoying it as well. I normally have a very difficult time staying on track with any particular type of music or practice regime, but something about this style just resonates with me. 
There are times when my brain is not wanting to take a full lesson so that is hen I’ll utilize the  lick library and just get a piece ingrained into my muscle memory. 
I also find that the songs are fun to learn in that moving back and forth between the easier traditional versions and the harder versions reinforces them in my brain. 
I look forward to chatting with y’all in the future as we continue to learn this wonderful style of music. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2020 11:08 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 6 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I have been practicing for about an hour a day recently. The calluses on my left hand are making it difficult to operate my iPad. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2020 1:15 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51 I've found the callouses have made my sense of touch on my left hand fingertips pretty non-existent, too. Guess that's the price we pay to play!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2020 3:30 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 6 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I will be heading on vacation soon for 2 weeks, unfortunately we are flying and i cant take my guitar with me. I also checked to see if there were any guitar stores nearby to go play theirs. no luck 🙁 

I guess i will just be stuck trolling the forum LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2020 8:22 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 4 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@rinny51Ha, I have the same issue. I was thinking there was something wrong with my IPad. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 6, 2020 12:58 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@rg I have adapted and started using other less calloused fingers. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 8:34 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, C White and 4 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

Nice

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 9:30 AM
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

On vacation for a few more days with no guitar. I have been messing around with the piano in the time being lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 10:01 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 2 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@rinny51Cool, my daughter plays. I think it would be fun to learn.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 11:41 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 2 people reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: