Forum

Multiple Guitar Own...

Notifications
Clear all

Multiple Guitar Owners

Page 2 / 3
(@shysue)
Famed Member

My husband had an expensive lesson on why you should humidify your guitar.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 5, 2020 5:47 PM
John, fransverboom, Ewart Boer and 4 people reacted
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

That would be two, a Yamaha that can be played outside and a Martin which stays indoors ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2020 1:27 AM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
(@flatpicker)

I have a D-28, a J-45, and a Strat. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 25, 2020 8:43 PM
John, fransverboom, k2kwiat and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@flatpicker Excellent! Just curious, between the Martin and the Gibson, which guitar do you play the most? Which is your "go to" acoustic guitar?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2020 4:39 PM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
(@flatpicker)

@shysue the Martin is my go to but I sure do love the Gibson. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 8:37 PM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
(@hscollins05yahoo-com)

Gibson J-60

Gibson 335

Fender Tele

Martin D-28

Martin OM-28

PRS Custom 22

Culwell D-18

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 2:41 PM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@hscollins05yahoo-com  Nice!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 10, 2020 6:00 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Like a museum hs!! Or better yet a library!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 7:23 PM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I wish I had a museum of guitars, then again I would probably only play one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 10:14 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Me too! I’m already looking for the next one!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 7:19 PM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I try to play each guitar once every two weeks or so, but my Martin D-18 is my go-to guitar.

We have an old Harmony archtop that was my mother-in-law's when she was a girl and it has to be over 75 years old. When she gave it to us the back was split and pulling away from the sides (she was just using it for decorative purposes) and the tuners were cracked, so I took it to a luthier who repairs vintage guitars to fix it up. Cost about $150 and I thought it would be worth it. But . . . dang, the action on this thing is horrible and the luthier said there wasn't a whole lot he could do to fix it. The bridge isn't really adjustable and he didn't want to file down the vintage nut on it. Well anyway, I still play it a couple of times a month just to keep it in working condition. It's an antique after all, LOL.  

I never did say how many guitars we have when I posted the question. Right now we have 10 acoustics and electrics, and one mandolin. I'll list them when I have more time. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2020 7:33 PM
(@bdalton1rogers-com)

I have two acoustic's and one very inexpensive one for travelling but it is so cheap you really cannot call it a guitar.  And I just bought a new one a Boucher.  Just a note for those looking for a new guitar look up Boucher guitars, made in Quebec Canada.  these are on par with Preston Thompson, Bourgois, Collings etc.  And for those American guitar players, these are Made in Canada and currently the American dollar is 35% more than the Canadian Peso, so you really really get great value.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2020 10:15 AM
Dan, John, jrick92 and 5 people reacted
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Nice guitars do you guys play! Never have played a Seagull or Gibson but I believe that they are good blue grass guitars too!

I have a Sigma DM-ST1 as my daily guitar. Further a Morgan W121-CEN which was my first electric acoustic and some classical guitars which people can borrow if they want to learn to play guitar. I'm still looking for a full-mahagony guitar as I really like the deep bass-response of this type. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 5:53 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Current count at 4, all acoustics. I keep telling my kids it is their inheritance. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 5:09 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@olivierparenteauyahoo-ca)

- Gibson Hummingbird Pro

- Martin D-18

- Gibson Les Paul Classic

- Gretsch Dobro

- Deering Banjo

- Art & Lutherie Parlor guitar

The Gibson is my « go to » : warmer sound, makes me think of velvet - also my first « good » acoustic guitar : so big sentimental value; the Martin is for practice with other band member (banjo player) : more projection, more brightness; the Les Paul has stayed in the closet for a while... and it's a shame... the parlor is fixed on the wall : it's my « couch guitar » and « camping » guitar : it can be brutalized a little, I bring it everywhere I go and it can be passed over to friends, etc. And I like to play banjo and dobro just for fun (but I'm getting more and more interested in dobro : the sound of that instrument is amazing). And I made a promise to my girlfriend : no more guitars for the next 10 years. I guess it's a promise I can keep !  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 7:40 PM
Eric Reinhardt, John, jrick92 and 4 people reacted
Page 2 / 3
Share: