Forum

Multiple Guitar Own...

Notifications
Clear all

Multiple Guitar Owners

Page 1 / 3
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I'm just curious - how many of us here on CGO own and play more than one guitar? I'm willing to bet most of us do, but I hope you'll chime in here and tell us if you do or not. 

Topic starter Posted : August 2, 2020 7:10 PM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I have 4 guitars. 2 acoustic and 2 electric. I really only play one of them though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2020 11:16 PM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

I have only one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 4:18 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I have 2. One upstairs Taylor Academy 12e. One downstairs Fender Malibu Alkaline Trio. Need more.... 😋 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 8:55 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

You can never have too many guitars as far as I'm concerned. But then you have to take special care to keep them all humidified. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2020 5:57 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My son asked why do you need more guitars. I replied it’s your inheritance. Make sure you get a good price for them! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 8:54 PM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@shysue keep them humidified? Where are you from?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 9:48 PM
(@longbill)

I have 7 or 8 guitars, from a classical nylon Alhambra to an electric BC Rich badass.
But, the ones I love to play the most are my Seagull dreadnought (for everything I learn on this site !), my Seagull parlour (for some old blues), and my chinese gypsy guitar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 6:14 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member
  • @longbill. I’ve been drooling for a Seagull Parlor for months!! COVID go away so I can go back to work!! 
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 11:59 AM
(@longbill)

I was looking for a guitar I could pick everywhere I go with my kids. I initially bought a Martin Junior, their last model from mexico but I was not completly confortable with it. I asked my local seller to change and got the Seagull. It's an endearing and magic guitar I can play for hours.

I would definetly recommand it, especially if you love to play some blues stuff. Its mediums are awesome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 12:42 PM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

1 Acoustic 1 Electric, Although Acoustic wins. 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 2:40 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51 We live in sunny, dry Arizona. Wood here dries out fast. We have a cabinet we keep 4 guitars in and keep the humidity at 45 to 55 at all times. The others we keep in their cases with individual humidifying sponges. 

Believe me, it gets dry here. The other day the humidity was 13% outside which is fairly normal for this time of year. Monsoon season is right around the corner though and then the humidity rises. But we have some pretty crispy days here, for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2020 8:05 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, Ewart Boer and 4 people reacted
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

I have 2 acoustics, one electric (Strat), and a Dobro. Plus a few whistles!!

But, haven’t pulled the trigger on a good 12-string or a truly good acoustic yet. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 8:30 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, John and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@shysue I live in California and have never worried about it. I am moving to Montana at the end of the month though I guess we will see what that is like.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 9:03 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I keep my all mahogany Ukulele and my sons mahogany dread (which I never play) in the case with a humidifier bag inside it because if it dries out I can feel the fret ends and start heading for a file. I’ve learned to humidify first now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 9:30 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: