Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Building speed

Page 2 / 4
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I'll start at 60 bpm and usually get up to 100 bpm, then I start tripping myself up. It's a challenge for my old fingers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2021 7:03 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I just play I don’t care if I can keep up or not. Eventually I more and more notes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2021 9:36 PM
John and jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  I sort of treat playing clean and playing "fast" as separate lessons. maybe someday the two will meet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2021 11:58 PM
John and jerseychicadee reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I agree. There are occasions when I hit every string and then there are times when I can’t hit the right fret or string to save my life. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 7:44 AM
John and jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  Sometimes you surprise yourself and it's easier to play a little faster. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 10:16 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

go to 8:30 and play that one. You’ll build speed 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2021 11:17 PM
John and jrick92 reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@jerseychicadee man that JP can play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2021 6:54 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve been following him and tempted to sign up for his lessons. He only offers a 3 day trial which is not enticing me enough at this point. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2021 11:45 AM
John, yiwork and jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  He said sit back and enjoy so I did. Very good stuff. I saw how he can play so fast though, he has a lightning bolt tattoo  on his left arm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2021 10:42 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I pulled the trigger on his lessons. His lessons (I’ve done 6) while are good, they don’t even touch Devin’s. JP is very famous. His guitars are mega expensive, Boucher’s. If I can afford a software tabulature program, I’m sure he can afford a program to print out some teaching tools. He hand jots out the tablature, not very neatly I should add. I’m in the 3 day trial period. As much as I’d like to take his lessons, I’m not sold on continuing. Of course, I’ve said all along, I’m on many, many lesson platforms , and this one is far superior to them all. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 10:59 AM
canuck, John, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the heads up on his lessons. I have been watching his you tube series A Life In Music he is a interesting man.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 4:57 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

An amazing player and I appreciate the skill he has..for me, I find that there is a fine line between speed and a point where it becomes noise and I can't listen to the song anymore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 7:03 PM
beardy, John, yiwork and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@canuck Very true. At some point it loses any musicality (if that is a word) 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 11:05 PM
beardy, John, yiwork and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@yiwork  Teaching and playing are way different skills.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2021 11:06 PM
canuck, John, yiwork and 1 people reacted
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

@ijonahperson spot on advice - what the rush?  Learning the guitar is lifelong endeavour enjoy the journey and others will wonder how you got so good. 🤠

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2021 12:21 PM
John, jrick92, canuck and 2 people reacted
Page 2 / 4
Share: