Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Microphones

(@griffs-bluegrass)
Trusted Member

Hi there, I've enjoyed learning new songs and with CGO and have nearly cracked the picking on some of the more intermediate to advance songs. I have been tempted to post a video. How ever on play back from the cell phone or lap top the sound quality is awful. Can anyone recommend the best recording mic to plug into either of these recording devices without going to huge expense. Thanks

Topic starter Posted : October 27, 2020 4:05 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Good question, I am interested in the answer too

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2020 5:24 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I'm interested too. I tried using my phone and it was pretty bad sound quality.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2020 7:38 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Maybe I’m a really great player/singer and it’s my cell phone that’s makes me sound so awful. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2020 9:58 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Ha ha ha, yeah, that's it. It's just the phone's little tiny speaker and not my singing. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2020 7:35 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

I was looking at the Rhode Mini a while back, but never pulled the trigger. It's a USB mic and well regarded by many.

Then you'll need to synch it up with the video after with an NLE like Final Cut, or whatever.

I actually made a couple of videos to post on a cellphone, and the yes the quality was poor but you could still get the gist of it, and i was looking for feedback. I was unable to post due to file sizes, and contacted Devin. He suggested using Youtube so I opened an account. But i couldn't work out how to post it here and not have it open to the public at the same time. Eventually I got bored and gave up.😏

Anyway, here's a link to the Rhode Mini if you wish to learn more.  https://www.rode.com/microphones/nt-usb_mini?buyitnow

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2020 9:57 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo, which is an interface between your ( mic + one instrument) and your computer. I got it for my granddaughter to record her singing but we haven't had a chance to really check it out yet. I think it might help you but I wouldn't promise it. You download Audacity, free, to make the recording on your computer and create a file. Just something you could look into.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2020 11:57 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Sorry cant help never have used a Mic 😥 😥 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2020 4:15 PM
Share: