Forum

I really didn't nee...

Notifications
Clear all

I really didn't need another guitar but...

(@flatpicker)

I have always admired Richard Bennett's playing and try on occasion to learn some of his licks, etc. So I was in this guitar store (which I knew better to go into in the first place), and they have this Richard Bennett signature Boucher dreadnaught. Now I normally don't buy anything not made in Nazerath, Pa, but Robin Boucher's crew in Quebec builds a nice guitar I have to say. When I told my bass player that I felt like I was cheating on my D-28 when I played it, she smiled and whispered, I don't think the D-28 realizes it. Anyway I just simply wanted to say that I was shocked at how good the playability and tone was. It's kind of like a D-18 on steroids.

Topic starter Posted : April 13, 2021 9:19 PM
George Lange, Susan Wagner, yiwork and 4 people reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

Congratulations ! I am only 8 hours away from there and had never heard of them. I checked out the site and I see what you mean about the sound !

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 7:11 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, yiwork and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

But the price! I enrolled in the JP Cormier lessons and he plays Boucher’s. In fact, there is a JP Cormier signature model. Boomers!! They have a nice tone 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 8:26 AM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, yiwork and 1 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

Boucher Guitars are on my list off guitar builders I want to check out. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2021 4:36 PM
John, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

I think this is great that you have discovered Boucher guitars. They are a very good company and their instruments are very well built by luthiers I have been told 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2021 2:13 PM
John, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’d like to see them down here in the States more. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2021 8:43 AM
jrick92, yiwork and John reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

There are a lot of things that we don't find in Canada either (woodtone strings for one ) lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2021 6:19 PM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

Woodtone strings are really a nice sounding string. I’m very happy with them. I just would like to see them in alight gauge for my smaller bodied guitars 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 8, 2021 12:33 PM
Share: