Forum

Molly Tuttle Flatpi...

Notifications
Clear all

Molly Tuttle Flatpicking

Page 1 / 2
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Anyone else doing this lesson right now? https://countryguitaronline.com/flatpicking-in-the-style-of-molly-tuttle/  

I put off trying it for a while because I thought it would be way past my skill level, but Devin made it really accessible and broke it down to the point where I could actually play quite a bit of it! Don't know if I will get the speed up to match Molly's but it's still fun to play. 

Topic starter Posted : July 19, 2020 1:56 PM
Landon, jrick92, fransverboom and 4 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m a basic beginner but because Devin has broken this down so keenly I CAN play it along with the video. NOT WELL. NOT WELL AT ALL. It sounds pretty rough. I can only play along with the lesson and sometimes I have to slow it down quite a bit! I’ll never get to Molly’s speed even in my dreams! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 19, 2020 5:07 PM
Landon, jrick92, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I have been working on this one too, it is broken down really good.speed will come with time

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 20, 2020 12:24 AM
Landon, jrick92, fransverboom and 5 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Getting a little better... slow and steady... I’ve slowed the speed of the video and have been enjoying when Devin talks on slow speed. Lol. I’m gonna get this. I like the light airy sound of the song

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2020 2:15 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, John and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I like it when Devin sings the names of the chords. G.......G.......D.......D....... 😊 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 25, 2020 5:31 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

When anyone does that I picture John Goodman, sitting in the backseat of a car talking about playing the ukulele, “G-G-G” (inside Llewelyn Davis ((Coen Brotheres film)))

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2020 3:43 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee That was a great movie. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 27, 2020 8:11 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My kids can recite all of the Coen Brothers big hit lines. They make fun of me because I can’t. Once in a while I actually get one. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2020 10:58 PM
George Lange, jrick92, fransverboom and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Yes, I know what you mean. My nephew and his wife are Big Lebowski fans and they are always using lines from that movie. But we're fans, too, so we know quite a few of them. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 28, 2020 8:56 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@katharina)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

When anyone does that I picture John Goodman, sitting in the backseat of a car talking about playing the ukulele, “G-G-G” (inside Llewelyn Davis ((Coen Brotheres film)))

I love that movie!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2020 5:40 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shysue

Anyone else doing this lesson right now? https://countryguitaronline.com/flatpicking-in-the-style-of-molly-tuttle/  

I put off trying it for a while because I thought it would be way past my skill level, but Devin made it really accessible and broke it down to the point where I could actually play quite a bit of it! Don't know if I will get the speed up to match Molly's but it's still fun to play. 

Much to Difficult for me 😪 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2020 2:49 PM
jrick92, fransverboom, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

Devin is the best guitar instructor I can think of

GIF

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 7:52 PM
John, Luc Guideau, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
Allen Gibbs
(@allen-g)
Eminent Member

@jerseychicadee,  you'll get to that speed i guarantee it if you keep at it and sooner than you think.. practice slow

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2022 8:04 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@shysue It certainly Helps 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2023 3:53 PM
(@jambongris)
Reputable Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk It's amazing what we can learn if we put our minds to it and go slowly.  I'm learning Cherokee Shuffle right now and it's tricky for sure:  more slides, hammers on and pull offs than you can shake a stick at.  Memorizing as I go too, but in the end, I can add it to my repertoire and build up speed.  Then on to the next one.  I'm anxious to give this Molly Tuttle piece a whirl.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2023 5:51 PM
John, Thib and jerseychicadee reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: