Forum

Having a Lot of Fun...

Notifications
Clear all

Having a Lot of Fun . . .

(@shysue)
Famed Member

playing licks from the licks library over the backing tracks. The first couple I tried I was all over the place but then actually stumbled upon some good sounds outside of the actual licks. Just kind of improvising and realizing that I could play around with the scales as well over chords on the backing track. One of those light bulb moments that I was having a lot of fun playing around with it!

Anyone else discovered this? I'm sure I'm not the only one, LOL. 

Topic starter Posted : June 30, 2020 7:47 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

This has been my primary practice for a few days now. I’m pretty excited to actually play something ‘fancy’. I haven’t been trying to learn songs just trying to get my tones to ring clear and my accuracy better. Trying to get my pinky calloused too. I said before I can barely fret a c chord and f chord is a curse word. Running scales and a riff here and there on these backing tracks has been illuminating!!! I thought I’d discovered ‘Merica I was so excited!!! I heard Devin say to do this in one of his oldest lessons on the site yesterday. Lol Thanks Devin!!!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 7:56 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shysue

playing licks from the licks library over the backing tracks. The first couple I tried I was all over the place but then actually stumbled upon some good sounds outside of the actual licks. Just kind of improvising and realizing that I could play around with the scales as well over chords on the backing track. One of those light bulb moments that I was having a lot of fun playing around with it!

Anyone else discovered this? I'm sure I'm not the only one, LOL. 

Yes Susan this is why I joined the site to improve my Improvising, 

It takes a while but I must admit my improvising has came on leaps and bounds since

joining Country guitar online.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 5:32 PM
fransverboom, Katharina, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted
(@toottootcomcast-net)

I’ve been playing the licks lesson a lot is there a method to transitioning one chord to another 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 10:57 AM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, Susan Wagner and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

For me it’s just lots of practice 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 11:20 AM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Slow and steady 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 1:49 PM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@toottootcomcast-net   Most times I find  its a 1 or 2 8th notes that ties one lick to another or a strum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 4:21 PM
(@toottootcomcast-net)

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk I’ll just have experiment i guess 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 4:29 PM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Playing scale runs over the backing tracks  and dropping in a piece of a lick makes me feel pretty good about my playing. I’m a cheap date!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 16, 2020 5:59 PM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m running scales up and dowN with a backing track. Adding triplets, hammer-one, slides and string skipping in. I’m impressed. (I told you I’m a cheap date)  It’s turned into some great drills for me to get my dexterity and speed spot on and fun. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2020 1:47 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@toottootcomcast-net Use the Bible Method "Seek and yee shall Find" 😊 😊 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2020 4:07 PM
Share: