Forum

Blackberry Blossom ...

Notifications
Clear all

Blackberry Blossom Tony Rice Style

(@shysue)
Famed Member

Anyone tried this lesson out yet? I stumbled across it because I was going to request Devin doing a lesson on it. Turns out he had already done a lesson on it but it's a 4 1/2 star lesson so I hadn't even considered trying it before. 

Topic starter Posted : August 6, 2020 6:57 PM
fransverboom, John, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I just watched it, His fingers were moving pretty fast

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 12:05 AM
fransverboom, Susan Wagner, John and 2 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Too fast for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 4:28 AM
(@g)
Noble Member

@rinny51 That's Tony Rice for you. That guy is insane. I've been learning that song "Likes of Me" and I have to slow it down to 1/2 speed just to get a handle and what he's doing. He's a true guitar ninja haha. The Guitar Pro file is super helpful in breaking it down and stringing together the measures.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 11:50 AM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn and 3 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Doc Watson's Famous quote was, learn Black Berry Blossom and you'll know all the chords for Bluegrass Guitar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 5:53 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk  I'd never heard that before. Well this would be well worth learning then! It is too fast for me though. Maybe in a couple of years. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 7, 2020 6:34 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @shysue

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk  I'd never heard that before. Well this would be well worth learning then! It is too fast for me though. Maybe in a couple of years. 🙂 

Not for me either Shysue, I find its great practice playing the rhythm chords along with the Melody to build your stamina

and improve your speed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2020 3:57 PM
Share: