Forum

Blue Eyes Crying in...

Notifications
Clear all

Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain

Page 2 / 2
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue  I spent a few years just wandering through some old song books and assorted you tube videos and finally came across a good teacher to fill in the missing fundamentals. I still need to work on that but I think this program will be a step up in the direction I wanted to go in the first place.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 7:39 PM
C White, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m still stuck trying to finger pick John Prine. I was just watching a video of him with Marty Stuart and Marty said, “ You’re my favorite guitar player”. Prine replied, “If you got 5 seconds I’ll show you how.”  Prine said just play the bass notes because he can’t tune a guitar. He’s playing a lot more than just bass notes. I’m getting close but he sure has some great embellishments. I watch Guy Clark videos and he makes it look like he’s jus hitting base notes but he’s hitting more than that. Mine sounds like a cat scratching the frets. I got the chording down but the individual picking phewww. Once in a while I hear the right notes but there’s 15 or 20 in between I’m missing 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 7:54 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I found a tutorial for Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain on Fender Play App

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2020 9:26 AM
fransverboom, John, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Does it have the solo? That's what I'm looking for because Devin taught the rest of the song pretty good, just didn't have the solo.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 18, 2020 7:51 PM
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I just realized I have a piano roll for my grandparents old player piano for this song, I will have to try to play along with it and see how it goes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 11:33 AM
(@kennyg)
Trusted Member

@shysue I ran across this a few days ago hope it will help Blue Eyes crying in the rain  in 4 keys

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 1:14 PM
Luc Guideau, C White, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@kennyg  Thank you, Kenneth. Appreciate it. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 8, 2021 7:35 PM
Luc Guideau, C White, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member