Forum

Bonus Guitar Solo -...

Notifications
Clear all

Bonus Guitar Solo - Molly Tuttle Style Flatpicking

Page 1 / 2
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

I just added a "bonus guitar solo" to the Molly Tuttle flatpicking lesson if y'all are interested. Hope you like it! It's a tricky solo but it sounds really nice when you get it down. Here's a direct link https://countryguitaronline.com/flatpicking-in-the-style-of-molly-tuttle/

Have a good weekend! -  Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

Topic starter Posted : August 21, 2020 1:54 PM
fransverboom, Dan, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Inspiring one....sounds very good, thanks Devin!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2020 2:06 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @devin

I just added a "bonus guitar solo" to the Molly Tuttle flatpicking lesson if y'all are interested. Hope you like it! It's a tricky solo but it sounds really nice when you get it down. Here's a direct link https://countryguitaronline.com/flatpicking-in-the-style-of-molly-tuttle/

Have a good weekend! -  Devin

Nice one thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2020 3:59 PM
fransverboom, Jocelyn, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Trolling on YouTube (and other sites) I couldn’t help but see some Molly Tuttle  photos of her with no hair. So stalker that I am I went on an investigation. She suffers from Alopecia Areata diagnoses when she was a toddler. As an older person who grew up in the time before such information was so readily available “mind blown”

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 10:23 AM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Thanks Devin!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 3:25 PM
fransverboom, John, Jocelyn and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee A few months ago Acoustic Guitar magazine did an article on Molly Tuttle and they talked a bit about her alopecia. I presume you saw the music video she did without her wig. Some of her fans were upset that she did that and also did some different music than what they were used to. 

I have a nephew with alopecia that started when he was about 7 years old. They never knew what caused it, really. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 5:27 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m pretty new to Molly music. I saw the video. Yea she ticked off some of her die hards. She’s very young. Remember when Taylor Swift “switched genres” a few years ago? They get glad again. I see Biliy Strings playing hard rock all the time. Funny how a male artist can do it but not a female artist 🤔 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 7:21 PM
fransverboom, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

Devin - that’s a great solo! I’ve been working hard on what you had provided before on White Freightliner in Molly’s style and this a a great addition. Thank you!

Molly comments: I was aware of Molly on the bluegrass scene but Devin’s lesson inspired me dig deeper. Yes, I find her personal story really interesting- alopecia and all. A vote for her own music - she has some great songs imo. Not trad bg but a wonderful modern acoustic voice. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 5, 2020 11:14 AM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, John and 2 people reacted
(@morrow1616)
Trusted Member

This is very good!  I really like Molly and here method of playing

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2020 2:14 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Bit to Difficult for me 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2020 4:48 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, k2kwiat and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

More than a ‘bit’ too difficult for me. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 7:04 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, John and 1 people reacted
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

John and JChick:

By no means am I claiming mastery of White Freightliner yet but my truck’s putting along. 
The whole plateau and breakthrough discussion we had awhile ago. I think I started with Whiskey Before Breakfast and worked on that pretty hard. A few others that I’m still working on like Nine Pound Hammer, Blackberry Blossom, and St Anne’s Reel. I like classic bg tunes in case I have to play them in ensemble. But thinking of those flat picking classics as daily exercisss have helped quite a bit. I play each 2-5X/day. 
$.02 worth

Ken

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by k2kwiat
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 7:53 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yeah, I kind of feel that way, too. I will try anything, and if I get frustrated because it's beyond my skill level I still feel like it benefited me to go through the exercise. Sometimes I'll go back and try a piece that I struggled with 6 months ago and it doesn't seem as hard because of the challenging music I've been trying to get under my fingers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 8:01 PM
fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt, k2kwiat and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

K2K. I think my practice has stalled. I’m just not venturing out like I should but I’m going to make that my goal for this week. My fear of going past the 5th fret is real. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 8, 2020 11:44 PM
(@k2kwiatgmail-com)
Trusted Member

I get it for sure. I tend to stall for awhile just hammering away at the same tunes until I beat them in submission?

And I hear ya in the higher fret stuff. I’m not up there much either. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2020 2:00 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: