Forum

Acoustic Guitar Str...

Notifications
Clear all

Acoustic Guitar Strings for Country

Page 3 / 4
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My daughter and her husband moved in on top of me over 10 years ago. Now, for my own sanity,  I’ve moved from my house which has been infested by ‘them’ to a room at my son’s house. My daughter has decided everything I’ve worked my entire life is now hers. (I think I’m still alive ...there’s steam on the mirror I held under my nose!) I still have to go to ‘my’ house every day to watch the demon child.  Oh, and my daughter needs my car to go to work because her husband has blown yet another motor up in his vehicle and takes hers.   I’ve left Goldie there along with my work computer and several other things I use during the day. My luthier tools and work table among these. Today, I come to the house and my daughter has moved everything of mine out of my work area and made me a new work area. I’m so angry I can’t breath. My tools dumped into boxes,  my guitar work bench moved to god knows where. I should have thrown them out years ago. Fuming!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 2:06 PM
Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@devinNew Strings just arrived Devin Many Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 2:15 PM
Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Boy, that sure would piss me off, too. Do you own that house and are they paying you rent? None of my business, but . . .   

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 3:54 PM
Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom, John and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

They pay a small portion of some of the expenses. I’m pretty pissed. If I could pull the plug on the entire shabang and sleep at night I would 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 6:53 PM
Eric Reinhardt, fransverboom, John and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee I have a similar situation. I'm sticking it out for my granddaughter. She's 15 and doing real good so far. I sure understand how hard it is to boot them all out even though they deserve it.

This post was modified 3 years ago by jrick92
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 9:04 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Mine is 7. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2020 10:20 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I put a set of Woodtone’s on Roadie today. Broke the D string while tuning with the battery operated string wonder. Not watching what I was doing, looked at the dog and twang it went. Instead of putting on another Woodtone, I put on an Elixir from some probably counterfeit sets I bought off eBay. Man, I can sorely hear the difference! I hate to waste a full set of the Woodtone’s though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 8:37 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I just got my wood tone strings in the mail.I will probably wait a bit before changing them since the ones I have on there are pretty new still.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 8:59 PM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@geoff)

I just broke down and ordered some Woodtone strings last week, and installed them a few days ago. I have to say that they might be the nicest strings I have ever tried, they have a really nice and clear tone and the gauge between lights and mediums is perfect! Thanks for the great recommendation 👍 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2020 1:20 PM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

I still haven’t worn out the elixirs I put on a few months ago so I haven’t tried mine yet

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 17, 2020 1:57 PM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

I’ve put on the Woodtone’s too ,  they sound great 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 3:19 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I love them. Only guitar left to put them on is Baby Blue who is brand spanking new. It came strung with 12/53’s.   The Woodtone’s are 12/54’s. I’m loving the 12/53’s so far.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 5:08 PM
jrick92, Susan Wagner, fransverboom and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I have woodtones on my Martin.  That's the only guitar I've been playing for a couple of months. They sound good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 9:48 PM
fransverboom, John, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Really glad y'all like the Woodtones! I've been really happy with them so far. The gauge is great and the tone has been the best of any strings I've tried -- especially for recording.

About to post the first portion of a new lesson in a few minutes... a Norman Blake style lesson. Should have the rhythm lesson video for this lesson wrapped up later this week sometime.

~ Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 13, 2021 2:40 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, John and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@devinDo you like the bluegrass wood tone strings better than the country wood tone strings?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 5:55 PM
fransverboom, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
Page 3 / 4
Share: