Forum

Notifications
Clear all

My local jam club

(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

This is a jam club that few of us started  three years ago when I was a member of TAC called the Windy City Half N Whole Notes.  We had pre Covid over 40 members we still are meeting once a month mostly outside at my place now this our group  I think 9 members  today which is about average. 

Topic starter Posted : October 2, 2021 6:59 PM
Thib, John, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

We have nothing like that around where I am ☹️

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2021 6:27 PM
Thib, John, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com  You need to get one started if you can. Ours was started when I went to a Taylor event at a local music store. There a a lot of guitar geeks there just like us. I meet a new friend there that had the same idea about jamming together. We got together at my house the next week and the rest is history. We take turns picking  two songs to learn each month and share a You tube video and tabs from Ultimate Guitar and we play them when we meet up . Word gets out and before you know it you have a new group of new friends to jam with. What is nice is you get exposed to a lot of new kinds of music.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 3, 2021 8:20 PM
Landon, Thib, John and 2 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

That sounds like a great idea to try out someday soon, yiwork. I don’t know where to start though but I will look into this 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2021 9:46 AM
Landon, Thib, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@moosejaw)

I live in Tucson, AZ. The Desert Bluegrass Association has a work shop on Monday nights that I go to. Meet new people and play new music, it's great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2021 12:26 PM
Landon, Thib, John and 4 people reacted
(@yiwork)
Reputable Member

@moosejaw yep that's  great way to get out and play with others. I started going to regular Bluegrass jam every other Wednesday these guys are really good way above my level but they are very welcoming and I'm learning a lot and having a lot of fun. I know that there is a Bluegrass Association that's  around this area I ran into them at a Bluegrass festival two years ago. @George Lange you might google that and see if there are any associations  in your neck of the woods.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 4, 2021 4:51 PM
Landon, Thib, John and 3 people reacted
Share: