Forum

Joining from Knoxvi...

Notifications
Clear all

Joining from Knoxville, Maryland

(@bniceley)

I've been looking for a good teaching aid to hopefully improve my playing. I enjoy both B/Grass & Country and in watching a few of the videos, this really looks promising as Devin seems to have an excellent teaching method & approach. One of my favorite Player/Singers is: Billy Strings - dude is Awesome!!

Topic starter Posted : January 29, 2021 9:38 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 4 people reacted
(@alicelarhotmail-com)
Eminent Member

Hi Bruce!  Yes, Devin is a great teacher!  He explains things clearly as well as shows how to play, learn new techniques, and improve your musicality via his videos.  By the way, I live in College Park, Maryland.  Glad you've joined this site!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2021 9:56 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 4 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I find some thing new every day! Half the fun is shopping for something new!! Welcome 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2021 10:23 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 3 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Welcome Bruce

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 7:57 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hi, Bruce, and welcome to CGO. Agree this is a great teaching site and Devin's teaching style is helpful. I've actually improved my playing skills by doing the lessons here, which is more than I can say for a lot of other guitar teaching sites I've used. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2021 5:52 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Welcome to CGO Bruce

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2021 12:26 PM
Scott Larson, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Welcome Bruce. I didn't even know I liked bluegrass until coming here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2021 10:12 PM
Susan Wagner, John, Scott Larson and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I knew about Bluegrass but never thought it would interest me. I saw my self a Peter,Paul and Mary, Mamas and the Papas type player. Who the heck is Tony Rice anyway? Here I sit 7 months later studying pickers I never gave a thought to  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 10:51 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I mainly wanted to get some ideas for playing the old classic cowboy songs, the ones you never hear on the radio, and this site is great for that. The bluegrass was an unexpected bonus.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 11:52 PM
Share: