Forum

Greetings from Oslo...

Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Oslo, Norway

(@drnovak)

Hi guys,

Aleksander from Oslo, Norway here.

Got hooked on Bluegrass after seeing a Doc Watson tribute on Youtube a few weeks ago, so looking forward making progress with the help from this site.

Have started out with Blackberry Blossom, Little Sadie, Walk on Boy and the Bluegrass Improvisiong course and are practicing these regurarly, progressing nice and slowly.

Any other courses/lessons you recommend for a Bluegrass noob? 

Happy picking

Topic starter Posted : April 6, 2021 1:38 PM
John, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hi, Aleksander. Welcome to CGO! When I first signed up here I went through the Country and Bluegrass Strumming course. It was very educational since I wasn't all that familiar with Country and Bluegrass to begin with. There are a lot of great lessons here, for sure. 

Classic Country and Bluegrass Strumming Patterns Course Outline – Country Guitar Online

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2021 2:45 PM
John, Aleksander Freberg, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Hi there Welcome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2021 9:55 PM
John and jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Welcome Aleksander. I'm also doing the country and bluegrass strumming course. There is a lot of stuff in there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2021 11:00 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I love this Doc Watson video because it focuses on his hands and shows a novice so much about how to develop that style. These are the kinds of videos I enjoy most. Amazing how I’ve evolved my focus while watching music videos. I only want to see how they move their hands on the strings. I don’t care about what they’re singing or the faces they make anymore. Zoom in on their fingers dammit!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2021 9:06 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

All the lessons here are treasures. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2021 9:08 AM
jrick92 reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee  I hope my subconscious brain learns from watching fingers because my conscious brain says show me the tabs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2021 11:08 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Nice one 👍 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2021 1:32 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Welcome to CGO Alek Good luck with the lessons.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2021 1:33 PM
Share: