Forum

Greetings from Denm...

Notifications
Clear all

Greetings from Denmark

Page 1 / 2
(@kadrisaad)

Hello my fellow country/bluegrass lovers. 

I'm Kadri Saad. I've been playing guitar for 2-3 years, mostly blues, but have now found a new love for country and bluegrass. For insipiration, I listen to a Johnny Cash, Tony Rice and more rencently Billy Strings and Molly Tuttle. 🤠 

Any suggestions to where i can find excercises to improve picking accuracy and strumming clarity? 

Kind Regards,

Kadri Saad

Topic starter Posted : January 25, 2021 2:06 AM
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

Welcome Kadri !

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 3:02 PM
(@anders-eskilsson)

Welcome Kadri!

I'm new to country as well 🙂

This post was modified 3 years ago by Anders Eskilsson
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 5:24 PM
Scott Larson, Susan Wagner, Kadri Saad and 4 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Welcome to CGO Kadri 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 6:45 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @kadrisaad

Hello my fellow country/bluegrass lovers. 

I'm Kadri Saad. I've been playing guitar for 2-3 years, mostly blues, but have now found a new love for country and bluegrass. For insipiration, I listen to a Johnny Cash, Tony Rice and more rencently Billy Strings and Molly Tuttle. 🤠 

Any suggestions to where i can find excercises to improve picking accuracy and strumming clarity? 

Kind Regards,

Kadri Saad

You could start with Bluegrass Improvising course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 6:46 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Welcome Happy picking!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 8:22 PM
Scott Larson, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 4 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Welcome Kadri. You can't go wrong with CGO. just dig in!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2021 10:23 PM
Scott Larson, Eric Reinhardt, John and 5 people reacted
(@kadrisaad)

Thank you for a warm welcome everybody 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2021 6:05 AM
Scott Larson, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 5 people reacted
(@kadrisaad)

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk

Thanks John! I will definately check that out 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2021 6:05 AM
Scott Larson, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Hello Kadri, Welcome to CGO! When I first started here I did the Country Strumming course. It was very helpful. Classic Country and Bluegrass Strumming Patterns Course Outline – Country Guitar Online

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2021 2:18 PM
Scott Larson, Kadri Saad, fransverboom and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Welcome Kadri

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 8:45 AM
Scott Larson, Kadri Saad, John and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

Agreed the country strumming course is a good place to start. After that jump to the cross picking lessons. 
a good exercise for practicing clarity and playing smooth for me has been to play a G,C,D chord progression, which tends to be the most common in bluegrass. While playing each chord measure add a little crosspicking and then when you go to the next chord do a bass walk to get to the next chord. The crosspicking helps me a lot with clarity and the bass walks to other chords help me develop smoothness in my playing. Once you get that down going to the guitar lick library lessons that have lessons on G riffs would be good so you can add in some fills as you’re playing these chords. I really enjoy taking something simple like G,C,D chords and then layering in all of these things to give your playing a real rich sound. It’s exactly what billy strings does in that song dust in a baggie. It’s just G,C and D chords with all this stuff layered in. Just take your time and most of all have fun with it. It’s a journey. Nobody becomes Tony Rice over night. It’s all about putting in the work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 9:03 AM
Scott Larson, Kadri Saad, Eric Reinhardt and 5 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

That's good advice, G. I saw a YouTube video (I think it was lessons with Marcel) where he broke down Dust in a Baggie. Slowed down it was very simple. The thing is though, Billy Strings does it super fast which is a different challenge. LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 4:22 PM
Scott Larson, Kadri Saad, Eric Reinhardt and 4 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@g  Agreed, It does take time. I'm trying to get a  feel for the fills right now. I know at some point they will come a lot more natural. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2021 11:35 PM
Scott Larson, Susan Wagner, John and 3 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

@shysueThanks, yeah Marcel is really good. Him and Devin are my go to for studying guitar. I follow both religiously. It's funny you mention the Dust in a Baggie video. The living room version is my favorite. I'm still trying to get it down to where I can play it real smooth. The link below is my attempt to play that song.   

Link to Dust in a Baggie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ysljm30tgttfx8/IMG_0230.mov?dl=0

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2021 7:30 AM
Scott Larson, yiwork, Susan Wagner and 4 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: