John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Just put my 1st set of WOODTONE BLUEGRASS SERIES STRINGS on my Guitar

all's i can say is WOW What a tone. 👍 

Topic starter Posted : May 1, 2021 5:02 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve been holding out on changing the strings on my PRS Baby Blue. Finally pulled the trigger. Put the Woodtones on the Paramount TE too. I put a set of Elixirs on Penny and D’Addarrio XL’s on the Malibu. I was just noticing I’m reaching for the PRS and TE more than other two. The Elixirs give a little too much twang, I guess you could call it brightness. I don’t like it as much as the deep woody tone I’m hearing from the Woodtones. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2021 10:24 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee I sure like the Bluegrass series better than the standard WOODTONE strings more of a deep bassy sounding tone. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 2, 2021 5:01 PM
Michael Graham, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk  I was wondering if there was any difference.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2021 10:55 PM
jerseychicadee and John reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jrick92  I'am no expert by any means but the Bluegrass strings definitely sound well on my Blueridge 180.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 3, 2021 5:04 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m going to put the Bluegrass strings on Roadie. You’ve sparked my curiosity 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2021 8:48 AM
Michael Graham, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee   Go for it 😀  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 4, 2021 4:23 PM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

love the sound - obvious when they are shot - and need replacing they have an obvious shredding appearance ??? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2021 3:59 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@j-phillips189btinternet-com   Not that i am aware off, I would change my strings not on appearance but rather on how they sound. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 5, 2021 5:32 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@j-phillips189btinternet-com  Not sure what might cause that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2021 10:30 PM
John and jerseychicadee reacted
Reputable Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk  i agree John but rather annoying to have little plastic bits hanging from your strings😁

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2021 3:12 AM
Reputable Member

@jrick92 me neither being a rookie i thought that was the indicator to change em 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2021 3:14 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’ve have Penny since December. Just changed the strings for the first time. Got Baby Blue in January. Still have factory strings on him. The Paramount,  changed the strings out after 2 days. The new Malibu, as soon as I got home from Guitar Store. The little Cordoba Coco, same. Still sounds like rubber bands. The little Orangewood, I really don’t play it much, still the factory Ernie Balls. If the strongs feel good and sound good let em ride I say. I’m still not sold on any one brand. The Woodtone’s are my current favorites. I like D’Addarrios on my Ukes but buy and use Aquila’s 99% of the time. If I were playing hard it might matter. I play alone most of the time so my opinion on how it sounds only really matters to me and I only wish I sounded like Devin or Jake Shimbukuro. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2021 9:06 AM
Michael Graham, Susan Wagner, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

Put some of these strings on an older Martin d18 and, wow, what a difference they make. I love these new strings from this company

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2021 2:03 PM
John and jerseychicadee reacted
Share: