Forum

What's Everybody Up...

Notifications
Clear all

What's Everybody Up To?

Page 1 / 3
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Sure has been quiet in here. I go away for a short trip and look what happens. LOL

We're still plugging away on our practicing. Hubby took a week off of work, we went up to Prescott for a couple of days for a mini-vacay and I found another guitar at a small guitar shop. It's a used guitar but a good one with a tiny ding on the top, a 12-fret Recording King parlor guitar and it sounds really good for a small guitar. 

Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2020 5:42 PM
fransverboom, dom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

OMG. That little girl has been on my radar!!! Pretty! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 10:34 PM
fransverboom, dom, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Nice looking guitar, how does it sound?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 9:11 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Nice guitar

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 12:32 PM
fransverboom, dom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

This is the one I’ve been dreamin’ of 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 3:50 PM
fransverboom, dom, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

The Neck looks quite broad, other wise a cool find.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 4:37 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Yep, I liked that one, too. I think the one I got came out in 2017 and then they came out with the black version in 2019 or 2020? Not sure which year. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 27, 2020 6:32 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51 It has great tone for a small guitar. Balanced, not too trebly. Has enough bass to give it some warmth and it can really project. Honestly, I think it sounds better than some guitars I've tried that cost 10x what this one did.

John mentioned above that the neck looks broad but it doesn't feel broad and it's perfect for me. Has nice action, too. 

For the price I just couldn't turn it down, and it sits in the stand where I can just grab it anytime I want. We keep our spendy guitars in a humidified case but there's no room for this one. I have a feeling it won't matter that much with this little guitar but I do have the humidifier I can put between the strings if need be. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 27, 2020 6:47 PM
fransverboom, dom, Ewart Boer and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Oh Sue... I did it ... I ordered the Gold Foil Recording King off Reverb... I’m going to hell.... I will love it’ll and hug it and call it George.... maybe not George.... maybe GiGi... Goldie!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 10:24 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

This little gem just popped into my feed. I’ve noticed the really odd models end up being the ones that get popular after a few years. I keep telling my kids this is your inheritance. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 10:57 AM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Congratulations! It's so fun to get a new guitar. 😀 Goldie sounds good. 

I think these Recording King 12-fret parlor guitars are just the right size. Not too big, not too small. My Little Martin is kind of a weird size, smaller than a parlor or a 3/4 seems like, and it's awkward to play.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 28, 2020 5:38 PM
fransverboom, dom, Ewart Boer and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I love my little Roadhouse parlor. Call him Roadie (what else 🤷‍♀️). Haven’t even touched my Fender in a week. Poor neglected child. Everyone should have a parlor or two. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 9:33 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Goldie’s on her way!! So excited. Such a cheap date. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 29, 2020 5:16 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

It's good to have more than one guitar, in my opinion. You always have a favorite but to have different instruments helps the favorite last longer. That sounds weird, but I noticed a lot of wear on the frets of my D-18 because I was playing it every single day. Getting the parlor and having others to choose from spreads out the playing wear on all of them. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 29, 2020 7:53 PM
(@ewartboer)
Eminent Member

Looking like a nice guitar!

You said that the little Martin was playing akward? It was on my list for some time since it seems to be handy, due to its small size, when you are getting out and wants to take a guitar with you. What about playing country with a little Martin? Is there enough bass in this guitar? I would love to hear your experiences!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2020 12:58 AM
Page 1 / 3
Share: