Forum

The low E string...

Notifications
Clear all

The low E string...

(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Let’s say I play a country song in E major: E-A-B7. Alternating bass with each chords. When I play the E chord and the A chord the open low E string makes à wouh wouh  sound. Assume that I tuned my guitar before playing.Does anybody know how to fix this particular problem...thanks!

Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2018 10:38 PM
 Jon
(@jonathanhembreygmail-com)

Are you maybe hammering that string a little too hard? Or maybe the guitar needs a setup?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 10, 2018 11:44 AM
Justin
(@infoyounggloves-co-uk)
Reputable Member

I'd say your guitar need a little setup. Try taking it into your local guitar shop to get some advice.  Any rattles or buzzes drive me mad and I'd have to get it sorted. 😀

Keep on Picking 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 2:28 AM
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

I read something about the Nut being to low with these kind of problems

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 4:18 AM
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

I have a problem with the D string on the second fret , it sounds not so bright and when i tune my guitar half a step down the problem moves up one fret , does anyone knows how to fix this ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 4:23 AM
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

Thank you, it helps!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 11, 2018 1:29 PM
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member

I finally found the solution. The fret method and harmonic tuning method. Lesson ID: A0054 and the most important: LISTEN!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 28, 2018 3:14 AM
(@martinman54yahoo-com)

I have found that on any wooden instrument, there are certain spots on them that you just have to avoid.  If you find a guitar that is perfect on every string and on most of the frets, buy it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2018 4:28 AM
Share: