Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Practice time?

Page 1 / 3
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

Hi, i have noticed lately i have got into the habit of practicing with the TV on in the back ground

I suspect its a bad habit does anyone else do the same?

Topic starter Posted : February 4, 2021 8:26 PM
j.phillips189, dom, Scott Larson and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

yep. Me too. I used to play the videos on the television but I just stopped. Now I have the tv blasting, the phone going, and sometimes my computer or iPad too. Plus the kid has her iPad going and the tv in the bedroom is going too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 10:25 PM
Scott Larson, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Mine is usually on but it's turned way down. I do not multi task.  It just doesn't happen for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 11:40 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee Sounds like CHAOS 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2021 8:51 AM
Scott Larson, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

After raising 5 kids, dogs, cats, chickens,  horses, college, working 2 jobs, 60 hours a week, multitasking is a way of life. Long ago, I was being rushed into an emergency surgery, they had me on the table, had given the ‘milk,’ I sat straight up and told the surgeon, ‘Make sure they go to my house and feed the chickens, I haven’t fed the chickens!’  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 9:14 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee 🤣 🤣 🤣  Very good.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2021 2:41 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

No, I never practice with the TV or anything else on. I even close the door to the music room so I can't hear my husband on the phone in his office. Don't like any distractions at all and I'm not good at multi-tasking. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 2:49 PM
Scott Larson, John, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee My house was like that for a long time but I was always either at work or taking care of the horses at a different location. It was very relaxing hanging out with the horses.  😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2021 12:25 AM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jrick92    It must have been lots of fun at times and iam sure you wouldn't change it for the world.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 6, 2021 5:37 AM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@wjssavhotmail-co-uk It was certainly never boring. lol  People teach horses and horses teach people. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 6, 2021 10:26 PM
John, Scott Larson, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

It's true. When you own several horses there's never a dull moment. 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2021 6:24 PM
jerseychicadee, John, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member
Posted by: @shysue

It's true. When you own several horses there's never a dull moment. 😆 

They are wonderful animals. I swear they can look straight into your eyes and read your soul.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2021 10:28 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jrick92  I agree with you about horses. Unfortunately they are just so expensive to own now. I grew up with horses, and got my first pony for Christmas in 1961. Always had a horse until my late 20's. Fast forward a couple of decades and I was able to buy a horse or two again, but my husband turned out to be an awful rider and I could read the writing on the wall, he was going to get seriously hurt if we kept them. So, we sold them in 2005.

It broke my heart, but my sister has a few Arab horses so that I can always go over to her place if I feel a serious need to pet a horse. None of them are broke to ride though, so no riding for me. Well, one mare is broke but she never rides her and the horse is a bit too spunky for my 65 year-old bones, LOL.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2021 2:29 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue That's kind of the shape I was in. I was down to one horse that I didn't like to ride and I really needed a newer truck if I was going to keep it up. The grands liked the horse but only if I did all the work, lol.  I figured that age 69 was a good place to stop and work on the guitar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2021 10:08 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I gave up on my horse sense years ago 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2021 10:54 PM
Page 1 / 3
Share: