Forum

Early Valentines Da...

Notifications
Clear all

Early Valentines Day Present

(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yesterday we got an Amazon package and I was puzzled because I hadn't ordered anything. Hubby says, "Oh! That's an early present for Valentines Day." I open it up and it's a book:  https://www.amazon.com/Tony-Rice-Teaches-Bluegrass-Guitar/dp/0793560489/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2NFZ4PLPTQQMZ&dchild=1&keywords=tony+rice+teaches+bluegrass+guitar&qid=1613167540&sprefix=tony+rice+tea%2Caps%2C207&sr=8-3

He said, "I saw it and thought of you." LOL

So last night I was trying to play his version of Jerusalem Ridge, and I gotta say I like Devin's version better. I'm not sure I'm up to the level of playing Tony Rice music anyway, but I appreciate the thought, dear hubby. 😉 

Topic starter Posted : February 12, 2021 5:08 PM
Kate, j.phillips189, John and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Devin's lessons are hard to beat. he gets you started at a good point no matter what level you play.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2021 9:53 PM
j.phillips189, Susan Wagner, John and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I bought that book but prefer Devins lessons too

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2021 10:50 PM
j.phillips189, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

I prefer Devin"s Lessons all day long 😀 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2021 10:41 AM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

The beauty of Devils work, is you can hear it, and the count outs, 1-2 & , really help with my timing which ultimately leads to a recognisable piece of music!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2021 1:02 AM
John, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
 Kate
(@kate)
Trusted Member

Funnily enough I've been really getting into Homespun stuff recently. 

I love the ones where you hear your favourite guitarists talk about their approach to playing something and giving little tidbits of info. The Norman Blake ones are lovely... He seems charming, such a cheeky smile! 🙂

I'm currently working through an audio-only one with Tony Rice. He talks through a lot of Manzanita tunes and I'm about to start the lesson on his "new acoustic" sound. Ive only picked out a couple of manageable tunes to try so far, but it's great just hearing him talk (kind of sad too). 

Even if you don't learn all the tunes but just listen and enjoy the musicians talk and play, there's a wealth of info there I think. 

Kate

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2021 3:34 PM
 Kate
(@kate)
Trusted Member

Worth mentioning I only buy the discounted downloads from the homespun website otherwise it could get quite expensive 😆 

They are always running special offers esp on the older tapes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2021 3:50 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Yeah, I agree on the Homespun lessons. They have some good stuff there!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 25, 2021 7:05 PM
John, jrick92, Kate and 1 people reacted
Share: