Forum

Woodtone strings

Notifications
Clear all

Woodtone strings

(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

Had my brother buy me a couple of sets and post on.  Was concerned coating would leave me detached from the feel of the strings, couldn’t have been more wrong.  Played on a Martin 0017 mahogany back and sides and the tone was just gorgeous.  Definitely worth a buy! Thanks for top tip D

This topic was modified 3 years ago by j.phillips189
Topic starter Posted : February 20, 2021 3:14 AM
jrick92, Stephen, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

My Fender Paramount came with a dead set of strings, so I figured I’d get to it and change them out. I had a set of D’Addarrio XL’s in my bag that I’ve had a while (almost a year). Instead of grabbing a set of Woodtone Strings, which I was reaching for, I picked up the D’Addarios, figured I’d put them on because I didn’t want to let them age any more. This was about 10 days ago. So, I was playing the Fender Paramount a little less since I had my elbow discomfort. Now, remember my little Coco nylon string guitar that I picked up last week (stupid deal of the day, Musicians Friend) with the strings that sounded like rubber bands? I switched them out last night with a fresh set of Ernie Ball Silver & Black’s. Still sound a bit rubbery to me.  This morning, I picked up the Fender, first time in several days, and all I hear is rubbery/dead sounds. Teach me. This set of D’Addarios was like $18! I should hear angels singing! Setting up the workbench to put the Woodtone’s on ‘er! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 10:37 AM
jrick92 and John reacted
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

This strings do last quite a while on my guitar and I play every day for at least one hour. It is nice to get strings from some other manufacturers. It seems like the big companies have a major space at every guitar shop I have been too. The only other guitar strings I have tried were the Curt Mangen strings which were very good as well  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 12:20 PM
(@j-phillips189btinternet-com)
Reputable Member

bought the wood tone strings and as i posted earlier a lovely compliment to the Martin 0017- i play 1 he plus most days and already the coating is noticeably shredding from the strings.  am i expecting too much life out of them - Devin?  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 21, 2021 1:58 AM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

I had Elixirs on mine and the D string was shredding in no time. I've had the woodtones on for 3 months and they are still great. Maybe you just got a bad set ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2021 8:50 PM
jerseychicadee and John reacted
Share: