What’s you favorite...

Notifications
Clear all

What’s you favorite Martin Guitar.

Page 2 / 3
(@cotton-eye-marc)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @rg

Would love to have a D18 if I had the money. Maybe I’ll come across a used one one day. Love the sound of that Mahogany. 

You an me both! Even more expensive in the UK

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2020 9:37 AM
jrick92, John, fransverboom and 3 people reacted
Justin
(@infoyounggloves-co-uk)
Reputable Member

@dom Just brought an Atkin Essential D and boy it is amazing.   Takes a little getting used to as it is really powerful but im truly blown away with it.   The best guitar I've ever played, I'm really lucky to have it 😀

Keep on Picking 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 4:21 PM
yiwork, fransverboom, jerseychicadee and 3 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

I f i could afford one it would have to be A D28 OR D45, the inlay on a D45 is lovely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 4:40 PM
fransverboom, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

Just a bit of history first...30 years ago I stopped a little music store in the middle of nowhere..picked up a guitar and loved it ! It said Martin on it...then I looked at the tag...D45 for only $4000 Cdn ! At which point I very, very carefully back on the rack!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 7:47 PM
fransverboom, John, jerseychicadee and 2 people reacted
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

Now 30 years later I retired...I had over paid into my pension and got a nice refund back. I decided to buy myself a retirement present.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 7:49 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

After a lot of research I settled on a Martin D16GT...discontinued in 2019 😞...It is basically a version of the D18..not as much inlay which I don't care about..it has the sound !  I believe this is what Devon uses on a lot of his lessons.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 7:54 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

I am not sure how prices compare , but it was 2.099 Cdn , on for 1,899 and I traded in a Takamine cutaway and got it for 1499.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 7:59 PM
(@canuck)
Estimable Member

Most of the small music stores have been bought out by a larger chain but I have found them to be very knowledgeable ...after I bought the D16 I saw that there might have been 10 left right across Canada.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 8:21 PM
fransverboom, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

My Martin is a DM. It was the first guitar that I had ever picked up. I've read that it can be upgraded to sound more like the D-18. I think it was meant to be a cheaper version of the D-18. So far I still like it. At my skill level my problem is not an equipment issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 11:01 PM
fransverboom, John, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’d love to have a nice Martin. Of course, the ones I like are 3-5 k or more. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2021 11:40 PM
fransverboom, John, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@jerseychicadee  Wish we lived closer, then you could try out this 2008 Martin Custom D I've had since 2011. It's a more than decent guitar - it is a Martin, after all - but I had always wanted a D-18 or a D-28, so I got the D-18 last spring. 

Bought the Custom D used for $750 in 2011 but will probably list it for less than that. It has an after market pickup in it, for what it's worth. I rarely plugged in this guitar and always just played it acoustically. Rosewood back and sides with a spruce top, I believe, but I'd have to check on that, and made in the USA.

Think I'm going to put it up on Craigslist in April. We're going to Vegas to celebrate hubby's retirement and we need some gambling $$$. LOL 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2021 3:13 PM
(@georgeanddoris66hotmail-com)
Reputable Member

I like the Martin d-42 a lot. It sounds great and I do like the bling, especially when it is built by Americans 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 19, 2021 1:37 PM
fransverboom, John, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
Reputable Member

I like the Martin d18 the best. This is the work horse guitar that just keeps on going 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Reputable Member

My favourite guitar is the d35. This one just hits it out of the park in terms of overall sound, especially the Brazilian rosewood ones. I’ve had quite a few other d28s from the 1950s and 1950s but found that they lacked something. I think the d35 just has what the other guitars lack 

This post was modified 2 years ago by George Lange
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2021 8:38 PM
Allen Gibbs
(@allen-g)
Eminent Member

I have a Martin Special D16 rosewood and an Alvarez MD60BG. 

I have several electric guitars 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2022 8:21 PM
Page 2 / 3
Share: