Forum

Went to guitar stor...

Notifications
Clear all

Went to guitar store today—big mistake

Page 1 / 2
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Went to take Goldie in to see the guitar doctor. Bad news. Goldie’s fret buzz is a big hump on the neck at the body joint. Glad she only cost me less than $200. So, photo shoot tomorrow and then an ad on Craigs list. Went to Guitar Center. Black Friday specials are out. They had a cheap Koa Martin and Martin X1AE 000 for $479. I played them both. They’re bigger than I like but I’m sad to say,  I loved them both. So, my Taylor now has a photo shoot tomorrow too and will right along side of Goldie on Craig’s list. Then after Guitar Center I went to see a Fender Paramount PM 2 Deluxe. I’ve been drooling over for about 5 months now. $1100. Out the door. Penny better be good or she’s going too. Lol

Topic starter Posted : November 20, 2020 8:06 PM
John, fransverboom, dom and 4 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear about Goldie. So are you selling the others so you can get the Martins? Let us know how the Craigslist sale goes. 

I don't go to Guitar Center anymore unless there is something I'm sure I want to buy. I have a problem with impulse buying so try to stay away from there, LOL. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2020 7:08 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

Sorry about Goldie. I hope it all works out okay

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2020 11:22 PM
John, fransverboom, Susan Wagner and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

Sorry about your Taylor and Goldie

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2020 9:16 AM
John, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people reacted
 dom
(@dom)
Reputable Member

That Martin X1AE 000 cost 650 pounds here! That's $862 And it has laminated back and sides.

For $479 US  (360 pounds) It would be a great deal, and i'm told Martin's HPL laminates work well and are very popular with people who live in places with changing climates as the wood doesn't expand. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2020 10:15 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 3 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Even the Little Martin sounds so much better. A lot goes to the brand!!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 22, 2020 7:25 PM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@g)
Noble Member

Taylor 214ce you won’t be disappointed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2020 9:09 PM
John, Susan Wagner, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

Went to take Goldie in to see the guitar doctor. Bad news. Goldie’s fret buzz is a big hump on the neck at the body joint. Glad she only cost me less than $200. So, photo shoot tomorrow and then an ad on Craigs list. Went to Guitar Center. Black Friday specials are out. They had a cheap Koa Martin and Martin X1AE 000 for $479. I played them both. They’re bigger than I like but I’m sad to say,  I loved them both. So, my Taylor now has a photo shoot tomorrow too and will right along side of Goldie on Craig’s list. Then after Guitar Center I went to see a Fender Paramount PM 2 Deluxe. I’ve been drooling over for about 5 months now. $1100. Out the door. Penny better be good or she’s going too. Lol

😥 😥 😥 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 10:18 AM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Covered under warranty!!!!! Glad I kept that box. They said they’ll replace or repair!! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 25, 2020 7:42 AM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@rg I think that is the Taylor she is talking about getting rid of

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2020 9:22 AM
John, fransverboom, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Goldie update

Recording King is going to do a warranty replacement. Waiting to what they’re going to offer me since she was Limited Edition. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 3, 2020 12:58 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@jerseychicadee 

That's good news anyway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2020 12:51 PM
(@shysue)
Famed Member

Good to know that they stand by their workmanship and materials. They are fairly inexpensive guitars (I didn't say cheap!) so the fact that they are doing this is pretty amazing. Just my opinion. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2020 7:23 PM
John, fransverboom, Eric Reinhardt and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m pretty excited. Still waiting for an email from them. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 4, 2020 7:31 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m going to go to hell...I just bought a Martin DM off Craigslist. Going to drive to San Luis Obispo to get it today. My first big guitar. Not sure about the size. I’ll see if I bring it home or not but the price is where I need it and it looks pretty solid and clean. Played one in Guitar Center. Put the Taylor on the market last night. I figure it would make a fantastic Christmas present for someone else dying for a Taylor. I am going to take my bone bridge pins off before I start showing it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 5, 2020 11:48 AM
Page 1 / 2
Share: