Went to guitar stor...

Notifications
Clear all

Went to guitar store today—big mistake  

RSS
jerseychicadee
(@jerseychicadee)
Honorable Member

Went to take Goldie in to see the guitar doctor. Bad news. Goldie’s fret buzz is a big hump on the neck at the body joint. Glad she only cost me less than $200. So, photo shoot tomorrow and then an ad on Craigs list. Went to Guitar Center. Black Friday specials are out. They had a cheap Koa Martin and Martin X1AE 000 for $479. I played them both. They’re bigger than I like but I’m sad to say,  I loved them both. So, my Taylor now has a photo shoot tomorrow too and will right along side of Goldie on Craig’s list. Then after Guitar Center I went to see a Fender Paramount PM 2 Deluxe. I’ve been drooling over for about 5 months now. $1100. Out the door. Penny better be good or she’s going too. Lol

Posted : 20/11/2020 7:06 pm
fransverboom, dom, Eric Reinhardt and 3 people liked
Susan Wagner
(@shysue)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear about Goldie. So are you selling the others so you can get the Martins? Let us know how the Craigslist sale goes. 

I don't go to Guitar Center anymore unless there is something I'm sure I want to buy. I have a problem with impulse buying so try to stay away from there, LOL. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2020 6:08 pm
jrick92
(@jrick92)
Estimable Member

Sorry about Goldie. I hope it all works out okay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/11/2020 10:22 pm
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Honorable Member

Sorry about your Taylor and Goldie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 8:16 am
jrick92, fransverboom, Susan Wagner and 1 people liked
dom
 dom
(@dom)
Trusted Member

That Martin X1AE 000 cost 650 pounds here! That's $862 And it has laminated back and sides.

For $479 US  (360 pounds) It would be a great deal, and i'm told Martin's HPL laminates work well and are very popular with people who live in places with changing climates as the wood doesn't expand. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 9:15 am
Eric Reinhardt, jrick92, fransverboom and 2 people liked
jerseychicadee
(@jerseychicadee)
Honorable Member

Even the Little Martin sounds so much better. A lot goes to the brand!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 6:25 pm
Eric Reinhardt, jrick92, fransverboom and 1 people liked
G
 G
(@rg)
Estimable Member

Taylor 214ce you won’t be disappointed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/11/2020 8:09 pm
Susan Wagner, jrick92, fransverboom and 1 people liked
John
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @jerseychicadee

Went to take Goldie in to see the guitar doctor. Bad news. Goldie’s fret buzz is a big hump on the neck at the body joint. Glad she only cost me less than $200. So, photo shoot tomorrow and then an ad on Craigs list. Went to Guitar Center. Black Friday specials are out. They had a cheap Koa Martin and Martin X1AE 000 for $479. I played them both. They’re bigger than I like but I’m sad to say,  I loved them both. So, my Taylor now has a photo shoot tomorrow too and will right along side of Goldie on Craig’s list. Then after Guitar Center I went to see a Fender Paramount PM 2 Deluxe. I’ve been drooling over for about 5 months now. $1100. Out the door. Penny better be good or she’s going too. Lol

😥 😥 😥 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/11/2020 9:18 am
Susan Wagner, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 1 people liked
jerseychicadee
(@jerseychicadee)
Honorable Member

Covered under warranty!!!!! Glad I kept that box. They said they’ll replace or repair!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2020 6:42 am
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Honorable Member

@rg I think that is the Taylor she is talking about getting rid of

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2020 8:22 am
Share: