Forum

QUESTION for everyo...

Notifications
Clear all

QUESTION for everyone about February 2021 Giveaway...

Page 2 / 4
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m still an oboe player! I played in a small local casual orchestra group before COVID changed the world. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 9:40 AM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, John and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51  I played the clarinet, too! It's kind of funny, because when I was in 5th grade my school had a music program and I was asked if I wanted to play an instrument. Yes!! But I had to take the permission slip home to my parents. I told my Mom I wanted to play the trombone, and she said, "No. I always wanted to play the clarinet, so you're playing the clarinet." 

So, I played the clarinet in the school band but wished I played the flute in the orchestra. I gave up on wanting to play the flute. In high school I dropped band altogether because it was marching band (we had moved so a different school anyway). 

I sometimes wonder if my life would have turned out different if I had played in the orchestra and continued through high school. Instead I majored in agriculture/animal husbandry (rural high school) and hung out with the bad kids and smoked cigarettes behind the sheep pens. LOL  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 11:39 AM
jrick92, John, Eric Reinhardt and 2 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I was a band geek. If you smoked and hung out with the bad kids I snitched you out 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 4:00 PM
Scott Larson, Susan Wagner, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@shysuei dropped band in high school too. The band teacher was so pissed. The only period drivers Ed was offered was during band. A teenager wants to drive more than play a clarinet 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 4:22 PM
Scott Larson, jerseychicadee, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

@rinny51  Oh yeah - drivers' ed was required when I was in high school. I learned a lot in that class, and I would rather drive than play a clarinet, too. 😆 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 7:38 PM
Scott Larson, jerseychicadee, John and 1 people reacted
(@dan_homewood)

@g agree 100%, I just want to get better to play around the campfire when I go camping with my wife. No else hears me play and don't much care if they do, until I can play my kids a song to sleep when that day arrives. Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 7:46 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

@shysue  Those sheep are always causing trouble!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 8:10 PM
(@jrick92)
Noble Member
Posted by: @rinny51

@shysuei dropped band in high school too. The band teacher was so pissed. The only period drivers Ed was offered was during band. A teenager wants to drive more than play a clarinet 🤣 

I believe that is a safe statement. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 8:15 PM
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Maybe a draw just for new enrollments. 1-3 months. 3-6 months. 6-12 or more. I’d like to see all have the opportunity unless the prize is bone pins or Blue Chips then get out of my way 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 3, 2021 10:52 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

For sure I would like another Blue Chip pick. 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 6:56 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, jerseychicadee and 1 people reacted
(@jrick92)
Noble Member

I was a little skeptical about the Blue chip until I bought one but I'm a believer now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2021 11:36 PM
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member

@jrick92 The price put me off at first now i own 3 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 8:47 AM
Scott Larson, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

I’m that person that doesn’t wait for something to land in my lap for free. If I want it I buy it IF I can afford it! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 11:08 AM
Scott Larson, jrick92, John and 1 people reacted
(@shysue)
Famed Member

I wasn't even aware of Blue Chip picks until I came to this site and watched the video with Devin recommending them. They really weren't on my radar. But I do like them, for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 2:43 PM
Scott Larson, John, jrick92 and 1 people reacted
(@jerseychicadee)
Famed Member

Yea, me too Sue. Devin better not get me addicted to any other guitar paraphernalia! Shubb capos up to 3 now. Blue Chips, 4 now. Bone Pins, 4 sets now let one set go on the Taylor when I sold it. 😿 Woodtone strings, I hear they’re talking about moving the warehouse to Clovis ( because I have many sets Thanks Devin)  Lol. I had an idea for the monthly giveaway too. Random drawing for a great prize so every member gets included. If you win you can’t win for a couple months. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 10:30 PM
Scott Larson, jrick92, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
Page 2 / 4
Share: