Forum

Notifications
Clear all

CGO members' own playing videos (...the good, the bad and the ugly!)

Page 1 / 2
 Alex
(@alexcontinilive-co-uk)
Eminent Member

A while ago, I suggested we should post our own videos on the forum. It would be interesting to watch and hear other members styles and efforts and hear many different guitars playing. Videos can cover Devin's lessons or any other music related to country or folk style guitar, with or without singing. Performance quality is not essential, as we should use videos as a tool to give/ask for advise and improve playing technique. Mistakes and failed attempts are very welcome and actively encouraged! Let's have some fun.

I'll break the ice with a video of me playing an old classic...'Streets of London' by Ralph McTell. I can't quite pick like he does. Any advise? Sound and video quality are rather poor as I recorded with my iphone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=03KRYNOco6M#

Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2018 2:45 PM
Ewart Boer, jrick92, j.phillips189 and 12 people reacted
Justin
(@infoyounggloves-co-uk)
Reputable Member

Sounds really good to me Alex.  Great song you picked as well. Can't offer too much advice as I thought you nailed it buddy 😀

Keep on Picking 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 31, 2018 2:42 AM
Ewart Boer, coyb, Eric Reinhardt and 7 people reacted
 Alex
(@alexcontinilive-co-uk)
Eminent Member

Justin,

Thanks but you’re having a laugh! I sound like a congested elephant! Singing AND playing at the same time isn’t easy for me for some reason.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 31, 2018 5:09 AM
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

I love it! Thanks for breaking the ice : ) I forgot about this song...might have to add that one to my song list next time I go meet with friends to jam. I think your picking and singing do it justice. This one's not the easiest to play and sing with all the nice chord embellishments and all that. Nice job. Keep the videos coming! I'd love to hear from some other folks too...

Thanks Alex -

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2019 3:21 AM
Ewart Boer, jrick92, j.phillips189 and 10 people reacted
 Alex
(@alexcontinilive-co-uk)
Eminent Member

No worries. I'm now learning 'the last thing on my mind' by Tom Paxton which has a nice fingerpicked solo, and your lesson 5 with C chord embellishment, which I love. I'll post a vid of the latter next, played with the Blueridge and then with the new 'tatty' Old D15.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 7, 2019 10:45 AM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, jerseychicadee and 7 people reacted
(@deadfilmstargmail-com)

Kick ass bro!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 9, 2019 12:13 PM
(@debbie-gofflewes-eastbourne-gov-uk)

Hi,

That was really nice,forgot all about this song and Ralph Mctell.Do you remember Tickle on the Tum itv I think.

Cheers

Michael

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 23, 2019 7:05 AM
(@sbhenry7gmail-com)

Ok, here goes.  Devin thought I should post this to the forum so here it is.  I've only been playing for 14 months now so take it easy on me.  lol.  This song is House Fire by Tyler Childers, a very talented 24 year old country bluegrass artist.  Everyone needs to check him out.  I didn't play the complete song because it get a bit repetitive without the singing but I did cover the drop D riffs.  Devins drop D lesson is awesome and really helped me out

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2019 3:54 PM
Ewart Boer, jrick92, coyb and 11 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

I heard no elephant Alex !  You did a great job !

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2019 11:03 PM
jrick92, Ewart Boer, Eric Reinhardt and 8 people reacted
(@jocelyn)
Prominent Member
Good sound!
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2020 11:27 AM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, jerseychicadee and 5 people reacted
(@elliotsperlinggmail-com)
Reputable Member

@sbhenry7gmail-com nice!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2020 4:18 PM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, jerseychicadee and 4 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@sbhenry7gmail-com sounds really good

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 7, 2020 3:38 PM
jrick92, jerseychicadee, John and 2 people reacted
Eric Reinhardt
(@rinny51)
Famed Member

@sbhenry7gmail-com nice sounding drop D tune

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2020 4:20 PM
jrick92, Jocelyn, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
(@luc-guideau)
Eminent Member

Hi Alex

Nice try.

For a start, it's a success.

Go on for sure.

Luc

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2020 6:07 AM
jrick92, Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn and 1 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)
Famed Member
Posted by: @alexcontinilive-co-uk

A while ago, I suggested we should post our own videos on the forum. It would be interesting to watch and hear other members styles and efforts and hear many different guitars playing. Videos can cover Devin's lessons or any other music related to country or folk style guitar, with or without singing. Performance quality is not essential, as we should use videos as a tool to give/ask for advise and improve playing technique. Mistakes and failed attempts are very welcome and actively encouraged! Let's have some fun.

I'll break the ice with a video of me playing an old classic...'Streets of London' by Ralph McTell. I can't quite pick like he does. Any advise? Sound and video quality are rather poor as I recorded with my iphone.

Well played Alex, I also play a BR 180 N, and i am very happy with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2020 12:47 PM
Eric Reinhardt, Jocelyn, Susan Wagner and 1 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: