Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Red Wing

Omar
(@eddoc1950aol-com)

DEVIN,

Heard "Wildwood Flower" from your YOUTUBE posting, preferred your version and joined CGO to learn it...thank you! Favorite version of "Red Wing" is by Jason Harr on YOUTUBE but his website took me to Chordify...NOT what looking for! Could you teach "Red Wing"???

Topic starter Posted : August 13, 2019 6:58 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 6 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Hey Omar! I'm glad you found my Wildwood Flower lesson. "Red Wing" has been request by some other members so I'll definitely record this one at some point here. I have some other lessons in the queue that I have to record first but I'll get to it as soon as I can. Thanks for the request! Have a good weekend - Devin

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2019 3:42 AM
John, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 6 people reacted
(@rschildernc-rr-com)

Hey Devin...  I've gone through the first several lessons in your Fill Riffs and Lead Guitar course, which made me interested in learning the five box shapes for both the G Major and G Blues Scales.  So, I've been working on that.  One of the things that I apply, from what I learned in your Riffs course, is the addition of hammer-on and pull-offs to the boxes/scales. I still pretty much just play the boxes straight up and down, but the addition of the hammer-on and pull-offs make the scales much more interesting and musical.

Recently, I was checking out some other on-line instructors because I was looking for a good example of some One-String scales (which apparently is referred to as playing Horizontally, as opposed to Vertically -- or, up and down).  Would love it if you could put together a lesson on this.  Extra high-five if you could do the lesson in the key of G.   🙂

PS -- Will send you a separate e-mail, with a couple of links to the instructors I've viewed.

Thanks for what you do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2019 6:40 AM
Eric Reinhardt, jrick92, John and 6 people reacted
(@devin)
Noble Member Admin

Nice! I think that would be a fun a lesson. I got the link you sent. I'll try to put something together that would work well for country & bluegrass. Thanks for the message! Hope everything's going well -

Lead Instructor at CountryGuitarOnline.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2019 10:08 AM
Eric Reinhardt, jrick92, John and 6 people reacted
(@fransverboomgmail-com)
Reputable Member

I think “Red Wing” could be a nice lesson 👍

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 19, 2021 3:25 PM
Susan Wagner, Eric Reinhardt, jrick92 and 2 people reacted
 John
(@wjssavhotmail-co-uk)