Forum

Fluid strumming whi...

Notifications
Clear all

Fluid strumming while keeping the wrist relaxed and yet maintaining control of

(@tom-bombadil)

There seem to many different approaches to strumming technique. I was just watching.Molly Tuttle playing Gentle.on my Mind , graceful fluid seemingly effortless free floating rhythm and then anchoring for more precise picking. I practice 16th note strumming everyday but my wrist and muscles become tense and I'll lose it. One of the main reasons I subscribed was to help tighten up my strumming technique. I don't know that I will ever real proficient at flat picking lead. For years I didn't even use a pick  except for strumming while occasionally accenting a phrase with a picked note. Anyway I got tired of my thumb bleeding.Sorry too many words. I've been playing for 53 years and know a zillion chords and tunings and am fairly proficient at fingerpicking I am really interested in improving my strumming technique. Genre wise I'm all over the place . I was a ballad singer mostly but I would love be able to move fluidly in any style . I love Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott ,Peter Rowan, Roger McGuinn and and lately I've been working on Brazilian and Latin strumming patterns. But I want to able to play Pinball Wizard and Question by the Moody Blues.And yet I'd love to be able to at least play rhythm like Tony Rice or Dan Tomynski . Not getting any younger . Be 69 in February. But still have the drive and there's always more to learn. I don't know if you can get a lesson idea from all of that or not. But there it is. I've learned a lot from the lessons available. Really appreciate what you guys have to offer.

I'm not that I did this right.

Topic starter Posted : August 24, 2021 7:10 AM
jerseychicadee, Jack Krantz, canuck and 2 people reacted
Share: